Chapter 25

A/N : If you think she's been ridiculous, remember teenage hormones are at play.

                   ________________

As I move out of school, I angrily wipe the tears attempting to fall.

Why the hell am I even crying?

It's not as if he made any commitments to me. But it still.....hurts.

I kept replaying the image in my head.

Mason and Sarah.

Sarah and Mason.

Her hands digging into his shoulder as she reaches up on her tiptoe and Mason's hands wrapped around her waist to steady her.

You know what? Who cares? They could be the world's cutest couple and I didn't care. After all who am I to judge who they choose the kiss?

No matter how much I repeated this in my head, the stung feeling in my chest didn't ebb.

Was Sarah prettier than me? Should I have kissed him when he wanted to? Why did I feel like going home to cry some more?

I couldn't believe I was contemplating whether he liked me some hours ago. I might have as well took a flower and started removing the petals one by one.

He loves me. He loves me not.

I didn't care about what my take on everything would be later but right now, I felt stupid and foolish.

I can believe I actually thought he liked me. I doubted guys who liked a girl kissed other girls, or did they? I didn't want to talk to him anymore. He could shove his conversations and rakish smirk up his ass.

Before I turned the corner to where my friends might be, I blinked repeatedly and drew up my shirt to wipe my eyes clean.

Then I made my way over to find Nate standing as the wind gently whipped at his hair.

"Hey Nate. Where's Julie?"

He turned around at the sound of my voice. "I don't know. She...... Are you okay?"

I attempt to smile but I end up sniffing instead. "Yeah something got in my eye when I was searching under the desks."

His eyes gleam in a way that shows he knows I'm lieing but he doesn't call me out on it. He moves forward and wrap his hands around me. "Even so, you still look like you need a hug."

I melt into his arms feeling a little bit of the burden leave my shoulders. I've always liked hugs. It's like a warm cocoon that makes you forget your troubles just for a moment.

I blink my eyes rapidly least some tears fall. After a while he pulls back. "Feel better?"

"Yeah." I say, my voice hoarse.

Julie comes jogging in that moment with a grin on her face. "I found it!"

"That's great. Let's go already." Nate replies.

Julie notices my expression and swings a look at Nate. "Did something happen when I was gone?"

"Um...Not really." Nate replies.

Julie moves towards me and gently places her hands on my shoulder. "Did something happen?"

"I.." I pause. "I caught Mason kissing Sarah." I finally admit under their stares.

"Oh" Julie releases with a breath. Then her eyes flicks behind me. "Do you want me to give them a piece of my mind?"

"No." I sniff. Right now, I didn't want any confrontation. I just wanted to go home. "Let's just go."