Epilogue

Years later

Julie groaned as she balanced two crates of drinks on her hands. "Whoa these things are heavy. Why did we have to volunteer to bring drinks?"

"Because we just have to buy it instead of making something." I said rolling my eyes even when I struggled with the crates I was carrying.

Noah rushed forward and attempted to take the crates from my hands. "Why don't I carry the crates and you can bring the solo cups?"

I turned away from him to prevent him from taking them. "Ugh! I'm fine Noah. Go help carry the other crates."

Julie peered around the car from which we were offloading the crates. "Where's Nate by the way?"

I grumbled, "probably making out with his girlfriend." Noah backed away but watched me as I headed towards the door with Julie behind me.

Even though Julie was behind me, I knew she was probably rolling her eyes behind me. "Really? Is that as they do? That boy! I don't care if his girlfriend is present. I'm going to pull his ears."

I chuckled as I suddenly noticed the big bright neon sign. Eastwood set of 21 reunion was flashing in bold letters.

As I ambled through the doors, I could already see piles of food, drinks, snacks and sweets.

A kid I could faintly remember from my maths class stood ahead. He looked much more taller.

"Hey! Um Helena right?"

"Hannah," I corrected.

"Oh sorry." He scratched his head awkwardly. "You can place the drinks over there." He pointed towards a corner where they were other drinks and people kept emptying the crates.

I smiled kindly. "It's no problem and thanks."

I dropped the drinks and Julie did the same. Noah brought the rest drinks while balancing the solo cups on top.

Once we were done, Julie grabbed my hand to pull me through the crowd. "Come on! Let's go party!"

I squealed and looked back at Noah as he followed behind me.

With an Ed Sheeran song blasting throughout the room, I grinned.

I was so ready to have fun.

                     ______________

After my third cup, I was still very sober. Julie was a bit tipsy and she kept giggling at everything.

Nate and his girlfriend had been dancing with us a few minutes ago but I turned my back for a minute and they were gone. Nate's girlfriend was drunk and Julie said he went to get some water for her.

Noah went to the bathroom. I assumed he wasn't back yet cause the line to the bathroom could be long.

Julie pouted. "I'm the only one without a date."

I raised an eyebrow. "And what am I supposed to do? You're the one who didn't want to bring him."

"It could have been weird!" She groaned.

Julie had recently started dating a guy after breaking up with her old boyfriend. I guess that was the advantage of being pretty. Guys were always available to ask her out even in college. She had taken a break though and wanted to take things slowly.

She said she couldn't invite him because they had only been on three dates and she didn't want to rush things.

"Then stop complaining when it was your choice."

"My choice!" Julie suddenly giggled.

Someone suddenly tapped me on the shoulder. I turned around to see... Mason.

Shocked I stilled and stared at him without saying anything. Since we were in our last year in highschool then, I actually avoided him until we graduated.

He looked older, more mature and he sent me a small smile. " Hi Hannah."

I still stared until a girl suddenly appeared behind Mason and connected their hands.

She smiled at me and I could have thought she was mocking me, but he eyes were bright, warm and sincere. "Hi I'm Mia. Hannah right? I've heard about you."

Her smile released the tension on my shoulder and I smiled back. "Yes. It's nice to meet you."

Julie stood behind me quietly busy counting her fingers.

Mia smiled again and I could already tell she was a nice person. "It's nice to meet you too."

Mason suddenly looked at her and smiled warmly, I could see it was real. "Hey Mia can you get a drink for me? I want to talk to Hannah here for a sec."

"Of course." She pecked his cheeks then turned around and disappeared into the crowd.

His eyes darted to Julie behind me and he said, "Can I talk to you Hannah?"

"Of course." I turned around. "Julie can you give me a sec?"

She nodded then left. I turned back to Mason and he led me into a corner where it was more quiet.

He hesitated, then said, "I wanted to apologise to you for everything that happened before. I was a jerk and now I realize that. Sometimes I can't believe I was that immature and my actions really do haunt me." He paused. "I don't know what else to say but I hope you can forgive me."

He looked like he was sincere and I had honestly already forgiven him a long time ago because I was sincerely happy with Noah and I didn't see the use of bearing a grudge.

"It's fine. I've already forgiven you and I'm sorry for the way I acted too. You know, yelling and all even if you deserved it." I chuckled.

He finally looked relaxed, then smirked. "It's fine." I guess some things never changed.

"Ok, I better go before she looks for me." He jerked his thumb behind him.

"Sure." I could already assume she was his girlfriend.

Immediately Mason left, Noah appeared. "Hey where did you go?" He looked at Mason retreating back. "What did he want?"

"Nothing much actually. We just patched things up and he apologized."

Noah looked suprised. "He apologized?" Noah knew about everything that went between us because it came up in one of our conversations.

"Yup." I chuckled. "Suprising I know."

"Come on, let's go have some more fun," I said.

"Of course." He wrapped his hands around me. "Forever and always?"

"Forever and always."

His grin matched mine.

THE END.

                ______________

Please do read the next part>>