Chapter 21: Camila

"Everything happens for a reason. So if it's meant to be, The Lord will see to it," Ally's words from earlier in the day rang through my head as Lauren hugged me. That's when I decided that maybe I should tell Lauren that I thought I loved her.

However, as soon as I had said it, I regretted it. Lauren's jaw had started to drop, yet she realized that the tears had started to stream down my face again.

"Boo, it's okay," she said caringly. "No it's not. I know you're straight and I don't know if I'm gay or bi and its all so confusing and I don't know what to do," I told Lauren very quickly.

"Just go to bed. It'll all be fine by morning," she said. I went back to my room, without Lauren coming with me. She just stayed on her bed, watching me go.

I stayed up for most of the night thinking about what I had done. I had a feeling that this wasn't going to end very well.

Proof of this came the next morning. I had fallen asleep at five, and woken up at seven. I went to the kitchen right away, to see Lauren already there.

"Good morning, boo," I told her, trying to sound cheerful. "Oh hey," she replied indifferently. Already it wasn't going well.

"So how was your night?" I tried again, going closer to her. "Fine," she replied uncomfortably. "Is something wrong? You seem unlike yourself," I told Lauren.

"Okay, don't get mad, but I've been thinking about last night and I'm not creeped out that much and it's not like I'm going to hate you and start ignoring you or anything, but things will be different. I'm with Niall, and besides, we're just really close friends, and I don't want to ruin that entirely," Lauren told me.

Dinah then walked into the kitchen. "Hey what's up D-MAC?" I exclaimed as I turned away from Lauren. I didn't want to face my pain at the moment.

Ally, Normani, Harry, and Louis then came to the kitchen. We had breakfast, then we got ready to leave since we had a photo shoot to do.

The photo shoot was very fun at first. We had stylists who gave us all cute outfits, nice shoes, and did our hair and makeup. We then got put back together with Harry and Louis, and Liam, Zayn, and Niall had joined us for the photo shoot.

"Camila, could you stand in between Harry and Niall?" the photographer asked me. Great, I was going to be with my ex, and my competition.

While Niall smiled at me, Harry looked uncomfortable. It was to be expected, although neither of us could look like that for pictures, so we quickly put on huge smiles.

Quickly, the photo shoot seemed to end. The ten of us then had two interviews to do. Afterwards we went to Nando's for dinner.

I sat with Ally and Normani, and away from Lauren, Niall, and Harry. I just didn't want problems that night, and I still had a good time.

Food from anywhere always lightened my mood. It even did that night, at first. Dessert was on its way, and it was chocolate lava cake for me.

Niall had been eyeing Lauren all night. That night, I realized that he only ever looked to her chest. He wouldn't try to peak at her pretty face, or her emerald eyes, or her luscious hair, just her chest.

Lauren didn't seem to notice any of this. She seemed to be in her own little world, one that I wanted to be a part of.

He leaned over to over her and whispered something in her ear. Lauren smiled and nodded. Within a minute, the two of them were up and leaving.

Rocks seemed to be circling in my stomach, and bullets hitting my fragile heart. I got up from the table and went to the bathroom.

Unfortunately, tears began to stream down my face. I just couldn't help it; I felt betrayed and hurt by Lauren because she would rather be with Niall then me.

"Mila, what's wrong?" Normani asked from the doorway of the bathroom. She, Dinah, and Ally walked in. "Is it about..." Ally trailed off when I nodded.

"Girls, we need to help Mila feel better," Ally said. "To the mansion then!" Dinah declared, making me smile.

Although, Lauren was still on my mind. I wondered what Niall wanted to do with her.