Chapter 25: Camila

"Should I go to the beach?" I thought to myself, "What if she just wants to tell me off? What if she meets a guy before I come, and she starts kissing him and I see it? What if she breaks my heart?"

Putting these worries aside, I decided to tell Lauren that I would meet her at the beach because I didn't want to let her down.

Then I realized that I should get dressed because I was still in my pajamas. I threw on some black shorts and a blue top and a black bow in my hair, with some flip flops.

"Mom, can I go to the beach?" I asked as I went to the front door. "Sure, be back soon," she told me as she gave me the keys to the car.

I left the house and got into the car. I realized that I still had time before I had to leave, so I put on some eyeliner and mascara. Then it was time to go.

Driving had never been my thing. I was never a great driver, and the added stress of hitting someone made me worse. However, I still got to the beach all in one piece, which was a good sign.

Noticing I was still early, I sat in the car. I thought about whether or not this was a good idea. Maybe it was a trick. Although, why would Lauren be playing a trick on me if she cared about me?

Unfortunately, I couldn't think things through fully, because it was time to meet Lauren. I walked out of the car anxiously and headed to the beach.

Heart going a thousand beats per minute, hands getting sweaty, and breath getting faster, I saw Lauren, and began to walk up to her. She was wearing blue shorts, a white top, and flip flops as well. Her hair looked amazing as always, and so did her eyes and her smile, and basically everything.

While waving at me, Lauren called, "Hey Camz! Over here!" I went to her quickly, although I was incredibly nervous. "Hi," I said with a little smile. "Hey boo boo," she replied.

Butterflies were circling in my stomach as Lauren flashed me her gorgeous smile. "So what do you want to do?" I asked her. "Come with me," she said.

Lauren took my hand and hurried me to the water line. She then slowed down to a normal walk, however didn't let go of my hand.

Obviously, I was freaking out inside. I just felt like wrapping my arms around her waist and kissing her in the crook of her neck. However, I knew not to do this, because that would just go absolutely terribly.

Fans continuously came up to us during our seemingly endless journey. Lauren and I took pictures with them and talked to them, then continued to walk along the water line.

"Are we going to stop yet?" I asked her after a while. The sun was beginning to set at this point. "We're walking just a little bit longer, we're almost there," she replied.

Just then, my phone started ringing, so I answered it. "Hello?" I asked. "Karla, when are you coming home?" my dad asked. "I don't know yet," I told him. "Okay, let me know when you're coming home when you know," he said. "Okay bye," I told him, then hung up.

"You know we're here now, right?" Lauren asked me. I looked up to see her walking over to a picnic blanket and sitting down on it. I joined her while feeling awkward, however at first Lauren didn't seem to notice as she took a large wooden basket and took out Nutella sandwiches.

My heart had been racing the entire time. The fact of seeing food only made it go faster. Then I began to wonder what all of this was for.

"Where's the pizza?" I joked, trying to lighten the mood, as I took a bite of my sandwich. "Here it is," she said as she pulled a pizza out of the basket. "You know me so well," I winked, causing her to laugh.

During our little dinner, we talked about little things, which I was happy about because we were getting back to normal.

Time flew by, and before I knew it, the sun was almost gone, and Lauren and I were lying in the sand peacefully.

Knowing we had to leave, I sat up. "Where are you going?" she asked, sitting up as well. "This has been really nice, and I'm glad we're okay now, but I have to get going," I said, even though I just wanted to stay with her forever.

"Camz, wait, there's something I wanted to talk about with you," she told me, taking my hand.

Evidently, I stayed. "What is it?" I asked her. "I don't know how to say this," she said. "You could tell me anything," I told her, although I was getting worried of what she might say.

Lauren looked at me nervously. "It's okay, seriously, you could tell me whatever it is," I told her. "I think it would be better if I sing it," she said. "Sure, go ahead," I told her. She gave me a nervous smile, then she began.

"Truly, madly, deeply I am foolishly, completely falling, and somehow you kicked all my walls in, so baby say you'll always keep me, truly, madly, crazy, deeply in love with you; in love with you," she sang to me.

Before I could react, she switched songs. "I'm gonna pick up the pieces, and build a Lego house. If things go wrong we can knock it down. My three words have two meanings, but there's one thing on my mind. It's all for you," she began to sing.

"And it's dark in a cold December, but I've got you to keep me warm. And if you're broken I will mend ya, and I'll keep you sheltered from the storm that's raging on now," Lauren continued.

"I'm out of touch, I'm out of love. I'll pick you up when you're getting down. And out of all these things I've done, I think I love you better now. I'm out of sight, I'm out of mind, I'll do it all for you in time. And out of all these things I've done, I think I love you better now. Now," she finished.

Joyful tears came from my eyes. "That was beautiful," I told her. "Wait, why, though?" I asked after a moment. "Why what?" she asked me.

"How come you sang those to me?" I asked. Lauren seemed to get a little nervous by this. "Like I said before, I don't know how to say it," she said. "Speak from your heart," I said. Lauren smiled a little.

"Go on," I urged after a moment of silence. She rolled her eyes jokingly and began.

"Okay, so I know that since you told me that you like me, things have been... different," she said. I was getting a little uncomfortable, but I didn't stop her from talking.

"Usually, things would've been alright by now, but I realized why they're not," she said.

Wind had been picking up, and it was now dark. "Hang on. Let's go back to our cars and then I'll continue," Lauren told me. She packed everything up, and then the two of us hurried to Lauren's car.

"You were saying?" I asked as I leaned onto the side of the car. "I wasn't saying anything just now," she said.

"Very funny, but avoiding the topic won't help anything," I told her. She sighed and stood in front of me. Lauren then took my hand and held it as if it were a delicate piece of glass. Her eyes were looking directly at mine.

Everything in the world seemed to stop as she continued what she had been previously saying.

"Normally, I wouldn't have been so shocked," she began, "But then again, this has never happened to me. Sure, there are harmonizers who say they love me, but it's not the same. You've always been my best friend, and my sister. Yet I never realized that you'd be more." I didn't answer her.

"Don't you see?" Lauren asked me. "Even though I don't know how this is going to work, and I've never felt this way before, I promise that I love you, and I will always love you, Camzzi."

I smiled as tears of joy came to my eyes once again. Lauren was doing the same.

She then came closer to me. I immediately put my lips on hers, and closed my eyes for the kiss that was absolutely beautiful.

Lauren had made me the perfect promise.

TO BE CONTINUED!!!

** hope you all like it!! Even though this is now finished please vote and leave comments!! :D