Chapter 10: The Lions Return

A/N: Hey, it's been a while. Well, I mean, kinda. It usually does take me a month to finish chapters. Sorry for the delay since I said I should've had this done like 3 weeks ago lol. Got way too into this and added a couple of moments. This one is probably the longest chapter (at least page wise. It was 20+ pages on my document.) Anyways, time to continue! 

Summary: Seteth and Flayn send messengers out to the former Blue Lions to inform them on their discovery, however, one gets intercepted by the imperial army

———————————————————————————————————————————

24 Wyvern Moon, Imperial Year 1182

Seteth threw open the doors to an unknown room that was next door to a small common room on the second floor on the monastery. He had requested that Dimitri and Byleth would join him in compiling messages to the members of the Blue Lions along with the others scattered across the continent that would certainly side with them.

The room in question was filled with 4 long tables forming a long rectangle. Along with the Archbishop's quarters where Byleth and Dimitri took up residence, this room was one of the only rooms left untouched from the years worth of raids.

"This is a council room known as the cardinal's hall." Seteth introduced. He pulled out a stack of parchment paper from a supply shelf along with a quill and ink pot. He sat the materials down on one of the long tables and sat in one of the seats. "We will use this room for war councils along with any other meetings between resistance leaders."

"Nice to know." Byleth said as she sat on the table itself rather than the chair next to Seteth. Dimitri couldn't help but get a small wave of nostalgia since Byleth would often sit on her desk during lectures back in their academy days.

Oh how simple those days were. If only things were as simple now.

Seteth sighed at Byleth's behavior but started to write a message. "Anyways, we will obviously write to all the former Lions and anyone else who joined your class to inform them of your return." Seteth said. "I would also suggest to send letters out to the knights like Catherine and Alois, former professors, and anyone else you wish to inform. Is there any objection to that?"

"I wish to not inform any of the Black Eagle students that we have returned." Dimitri objected.

Byleth turned to face Dimitri. "Even those who have joined our class? Everyone from the Black Eagles but Edelgard and Hubert fought with us on the Battle of Garreg Mach, I'm sure they wouldn't hesitate to join us." She pointed out.

"For all we know, their parents could have sided with that women and they're following." Dimitri explained. "If that is the case, they are equally as much of an enemy as the rest of the Empire."

Byleth opened her mouth to argue but Seteth spoke first. "You do have a point, Your Majesty." He said. "We don't want to risk a traitor being amongst us."

"But what about Bernie? Or Petra? Or Dorothea?" Byleth asked. "They joined us, there is no reason why we shouldn't notify them too."

"Petra is a political hostage from Brigid, remember." Seteth said. "She could be forced to fight against us."

"Wait so Brigid is getting involved with this?" Byleth asked in disbelief.

Seteth shook his head. "No, but also yes." Byleth was about to speak again but Seteth raised his hand to signal that he wasn't finished speaking. "Let me explain: While Brigid is an ally of the Empire, they have not formally entered the war. From what I have gathered, the Empire is attempting to use Brigid's forces with no avail, so that might mean Petra is neutral at worst."