Chapter 11: Battle At Daybreak

A/N: Hey y'all! This took a little shorter than expected. Instead of taking 4 weeks I took 3 lol. I was supposed to get this out last week but I couldn't exactly figure out how to end it properly. Since it is NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) I had an extra boost in energy to continue this. May nor may not have the next chapter out within the next 2 weeks, just depends on how I'm feeling. One more trivial thing but it's also my birthday today so here's a treat from me :)

Enjoy this chapter! Featuring the Blue Lions return!

Summary: A wave of thieves have been discovered but 8 people are not enough to defend the monastery (and to kill every last one of them), that is, until some familiar faces join the fight. 

———————————————————————————————————————————————

"Ah, you're here." Dimitri said when Byleth arrived. "Shall we go rat hunting?"

Byleth unsheathed the Sword of Creator. "I think we shall." She smirked. Her first true battle since the invasion of Garreg Mach. The skirmishes in the forest are nothing compared to what lies ahead of her. These may be petty thieves, but it's just the kind of battle that Byleth has been waiting for.

"Are you sure this is this only way to deal with them?" Seteth asked wearily as he reined his wyvern.

"It doesn't matter. They trespassed and they must pay." Dimitri growled as his grip on his silver lance tightened. Seteth sighed and readied his weapon.

"Let's move everyone." Byleth said. She motioned for the three of them to continue on. A tiny voice in the back of her mind tells her to wait for the Wolves and Flayn, however, she knew they were capable to defend themselves.

Seteth flew only slightly above ground and as slowly and quietly as possible so he wouldn't get caught by thieves. Dimitri and Byleth, on the other hand, darted forward without an afterthought.

"Gods I pray they don't act too rashly." Seteth said to himself once they were out of an earshot. He tapped his wyvern's face slightly to signal it to move faster into the outskirts of the monastery.

Dimitri and Byleth were maneuvering their ways through the thicket and rubble that was the outskirts. They haven't spotted any thieves yet, although there was still ruins on top of the hill that they have still yet to discover.

"It smells of blood and sewage. Much stronger than when we first found it nearly a moon ago. Seems we found their nest." Dimitri said.

Meanwhile, at the ruins in the center, the leader of the thieves overheard Dimitri. He ran over to the wall overlooking the base and saw Dimitri and Byleth. "What the?" He squinted to the examine the figures below even further. He gasped. They looked almost uncanny to the descriptions of the One-Eyed and Ashen Demons he heard all the rumors about. "Intruders! Protect the goods!" He shouted to his other men.

"Yes sir!" The other thieves said in unison.

Before turning back to the bags of stolen goods he and his men gathered, the lead thief took one last look at Dimitri and Byleth below. "There's no way I'm letting you kill me, not today."

Thieves came spilling out from the sides of the ruins. Dimitri and Byleth turned to each other and nodded, knowing exactly what they were going to do. Bolting in opposite directions, Dimitri and Byleth attacked the thieves. Dimitri mercilessly stabbed one square in his chest with his lance in one hand and kicked down more thieves attempting to ambush him from his blind side. Although he still hasn't gotten fully adjusted to only fighting with one eye, he was able to knock down most of the thieves coming his way.