𝐒𝐚𝐦𝐦𝐲 - 𝐇𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐲 𝐁𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐡𝐝𝐚𝐲?

"Good morning", Sam whispered to you as your alarm yet off. Today was your birthday but considering you had bills to pay you still needed to go to work.

You continued your morning routine as you normally did and as you were about to leave you said "bye" to Sam, expecting a happy birthday from him but all he said was "see ya later".

"Was he so caught up in his own stuff that he forgot about my birthday?" you thought. Sam had just gotten home from recording in LA and had been practicing a guitar riff he made for Jake and had been stressed for the passed days.

Trying not to bum your self out you wiped the idea away from your mind. As you drove back home excited to see Sam and maybe go out for dinner to celebrate the day, you called Sam to ask him where the restaurant he had taken you last year was so that you could set a reservation (still not mentioning your birthday).

"Wait for tonight? Could we go some other day y/n, I have a lot of stuff going on that I have to finish today with jakes riff, could you stop at the store so you could make that pasta I like, instead?"

Being more aggravated you just bluffed and hung up the call. You drove to the store and got the ingredients for the pasta, "at least it was also your favorite" you thought as you drove back home.

As you drove up to the house you noticed that Sam had forgot to take out the trash and a huge cat was digging through it. "I'm done with his shit, first he doesn't say happy birthday to me and second he can't even take out the fucking trash!"

as you open the front door all the house lights were off. Trying not to fall or get hit my anything in the black abyss of your living room, you slowly walked towards the light switch you saw a light coming from the kitchen/dining room.

As you walked towards the kitchen Sam was sitting down at the table , candles lit, with a bouquet of flowers that just so happened to be the same ones he got you for your first date. As you felt the tears forming in your eyes you saw that he had got food from the restaurant you wanted to go to that afternoon.

"I know long distance is hard, but I really wanted to surprise you and know that I care about you y/n". Not knowing what to say and feeling like a complete bitch for the previous thoughts you had "did you think that I forgot it was your birthday?" Sam said with a evil smirk on his face.

As you nodded your head, you asked him "were you able to finish jakes riff?" "About that..... it's not for Jake it's for you." In complete awe with tears rolling down your cheek.

He held your hand and stood up leading you towards the piano that was sitting in your living room sitting you down next to him on the piano bench. "I wanted to show you the song after we released it, but it couldn't wait... this is your birthday present darling".

As his delicate fingers began to caress the piano tiles you were amazed at what you heard, he wasn't much of a singer but that didn't matter to you when you heard him sing the lyrics "Can you light my love? Flames glowing bright as the sun Deeper than oceans you run Watch as our world has begun" "Your mind is a stream of colors Extending beyond our sky A land of infinite wonders A billion lightyears from here now."

As the song continued you thought to yourself "is this how he sees me?" With just looking at him you fell the more in love with the man of your dreams. Sam hadn't even finished the song when you leaped towards him with a huge hug and tears rolling down your cheeks.

As you breathed in the mixture of patchouli and cigarettes from his sweater you whispered to his ear "thank you, this was the best birthday ever" ,"Your welcome Darling."