𝐀 𝐜𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐞 𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 - 𝐉𝐨𝐬𝐡

While working at your local coffee shop, you had taken the closing shift and were about to close up when Josh walked in. He apologized as he saw you cleaning and assuming that you were getting ready to close. You assured him that it was fine and that you'd take his order. When he began ordering he asked for 4 coffees and 4 pastries. 

As you made him the coffee he watched you with such diligence, with every move you made you felt his eyes on your it made you smirk and attempted to control your facial expressions. As you handed him his order you felt the extreme connection you had never felt with anyone else before. 

"There ya go" you said to him with a smirk, Josh still looking at you perceiving you as if you were the most beautiful thing he had every seen. As you moved back to begin closing the register you noticed his unsteadiness as he walked out of the door. Hearing a car door your walked up to the store door to lock it for the night. 

Unexpectedly he came back almost running, "Hi um... my name is Josh, I obviously know nothing about you but you mesmerize me, I feel like I've meet you before,  I want to take you out tomorrow night if thats fine with you" and you looked at him completely out of wack not knowing what to say, you just nodded with a really nervous smile. 

"Ok, well can I get your... um number so I can text you?" Josh said with a slight chuckle. "Oh yeah of course" as the two of you exchanged numbers, he asked if it was ok if he could call you tonight to further make plans because he needed to get going. 

As you nodded he walked away smiley, jumping into his car. You worked the last of your shift completely mind boggled as to what had just occurred. How some random guy came for coffee and left with your phone number. looking into your phone, you noticed that when he made his contact in your phone he named himself Josh (Coffee guy)

As you drove home all you could think about was what the hell you were going to wear! "where the fuck is this dude even taking me?" "what if he takes me somewhere super fancy and I look like a complete fucking hobo!" you thought to yourself. "well fuck it!" you immediately drove to the nearest shopping center in your town and began shopping

By the end of the night you had gone home exhausted from not only work but now also from shopping. You came home with three new outfits, and a guys number. You walked to your bathroom trying to get ready to take a shower as you felt your phone buzzing from your pocket.

 It was josh, "Hey how did you like your coffee?" you asked "amazing me and the guys really enjoyed it, definitely going again, especially if I get to see you there", he said with a chuckle. "The guys?" you asked, "oh yeah my two brothers and our best friend", "Oh ok, well what are we gonna do tomorrow? " you asked "its gonna be a surprise" he remarked. 

"I'll pick you up at 6 if thats fine, so we both have time to get ready" you agreed with him, "ok well i'll let you go, have a goodnight, see you tomorrow"  you said as the two of you said your goodbyes. The fact that you felt butterflies, from talking to Josh this guy you know nothing about and literally met today made your head spin, it felt like a sort of fantasy. 

Tomorrow came faster than expected as you woke up, and all you could think about was that Josh guy. As it started getting late you began getting ready, you stuck with the last outfit you bought, hoping it would suit the occasion... plus your ass looked great in it. 

As you did your last touches to your look you heard a knock on your door. As the door swung open you caught a glimpse of Josh standing there wearing a button top with a bouquet. "wow" josh breathed as he saw you, "hey Josh come on in" you said as you saw him. He looked so nice you wondered if you should change your outfit. He handed you the flowers, and gave you the same look he gave you last night. 

Not knowing what to even do with your own limbs you instantly said "shall we go now" in a random accent that impressively made him laugh. Once the two of you got into the car, he had  some blankets folded in the back seats.

You looked at him and scoffed as he got the memo as to what you thought you saw. He instantly reassured you that it wasn't what it looked like and that it was actually a part of the puzzle for tonights date. You gave him a little push as you felt relieved. 

You drove what felt like forever, until you reached your destination, it was at this beautiful view, and the sky was lit by millions of stars every once in a while a shooting star. You jumped out of his car and saw this cute little picnic, with candles perfectly lit around. 

That exact moment felt like a dream, "Pinch me, because this is the most beautiful scene I've ever seen" you said baffled. He looked at you and took you by your hand and led you to the little blanket he had laid out. 

That night was the most mesmerizing time of your life, you had fun, talked for what it seemed ages, you felt perceived, and mainly you felt wanted. You hadn't ever experience anything like so, and never wanted to let go of the feeling he gave you when he the two of you unconsciously touched hands. It began getting late, and as he saw you yawn he said that he believed it was time to go.

Josh's POV

Wow I've never met anyone like y/n they make me feel so good with my self, she actually listens to me and tells me what she thinks and not what I want to hear. She appreciates the little things, and mainly she makes me feel loved. I drove her back home huddled in one of my blankets I had brought, as she began to doze off in the car. In little to no time I felt her head on my shoulder, she had fallen asleep.

Back to Y/N

When I woke up we had just pulled up into my drive way, now that I notice I didn't feel embarrassed that I fell asleep on his should but I felt comfortable and safe. As I rubbed my eyes he looked at me and said "so where are we going on our next date?"  "Anywhere you wanna take me" I said with a smirk, and filled with such happiness knowing he wanted to see me again. 

As I walked to my door, I felt Josh hold onto my hand and pull me in. He looked into my eyes, pulled me in and kissed me, making sure that I approved of course. It felt like I had just pulled this moment out of the cheesiest romcom ever, but it was anything but cheesy. "see you on our next date" Josh left with a smirk on his face, and mine mesmerized. 

!!The_BlackDahlia Speaks!!

Hello fellow Gresties, thanks for all the support! I am truly so sorry and apologize for not uploading as often. As any person, I am very busy and try to publish when ever possible. Once again thank you for your unconditional support, I truly appreciate it! If you have a specific requests or ideas for anything regardless of story type, DM me and we can sort ♡♡things out!  ♡♡