ғɪᴠᴇ༞ sᴛᴜᴘɪᴅɪᴛʏ ʟᴇᴀᴋ

The three junior girls trudged up the second floor stairs, clinging to each other arm and arm before finally reaching Tatum's locker. Her's came first, and then Kim's not to far down the row, and then Sidney's was on the opposite side, at then end of the hall.

     They stopped, waiting for Tatum to clamber her books out of her locker. But Sidney still looked pale, and her face still overlooked with aftershock.

     "This is a mistake, I shouldn't be here."

      Kim inhaled, reaching over and grabbing onto her friends shoulder. "I want you to meet us right here after class, okay?" She didn't really ask, more so told.

     Sidney didn't get the chance to answer before Tatum spotted their tall blond friend approaching them. "It's your boyfriend." She said through a smile, pulling out a sucker from her bag and offering one to both girls, but only Kim took it up.

     Kim's eyes shot arrows into Tatum. And Tatum watched Stu try to surprise Kim by throwing his arms around her waist. "Well we can definitely rule you out as a suspect because you suck at sneaking up on people." She laughed.

     Stu turned her body around to face him, forcing her eyes to fall onto his. "Ouch. Why so hurtful?"

    Kim laughed as he adjusted his arms to sit firmly around her waist. Sidney cleared her throat and they watched her eyes slowly trail from the floor up to Stu. "Hey, I, uh, haven't seen Billy around. Is he really pissed?" She tried to stifle a laugh, but it came out as almost a scoff.

     Stu looked up from staring at Kim's side profile. "Oh, you mean after you branded him the candy man? Nah, his hearts broken." He didn't mean to come off rude or hostile, that's not how Stu was. He was a jokester and turned every situation into a laugh, and this was him doing just that.

     Kim stomped her foot onto his and his head shot up while he winced in pain. "Ow." He said quietly.

     He looked down at her, and she looked up at him, and they gave each other knowing eyes.

     Sidney looked down, as if looking for the right syllables to put into words, but when she looked up, a ghost mask was running towards her, flinging arms in the air and screaming. She fell against the lockers in fright. It was just a student in a mask. "Why are they doing this?" She huffed.

     Stu stood up a little straighter while laughing. "Are you kidding me? Look at this place, it's like Christmas!" Kim groaned as she took the lollipop in her twirling hand and began to whack his head with it. "Stupidity leak!" She yelped.

     Tatum squinted her eyes at the not-so-undercover love birds before turning back to Sidney. She opened her mouth to apologize, but Sidney was already jogging down the hall, away from the friends.

     Tatum slammed her locker shut and eyed Stu real close. "Careful and you'll be the one who ends up with a liver in the mailbox." She snapped, waving her own lollipop around at the boys face.

     Kim frowned, trying not to laugh. "T- Tatum, that's not funny." She cleared her throat, pulling away from Stu to watch her leave.

     After Tatum was gone, they were down to two. "So no head?"

     Kim scoffed, pushing him away from her as she began down to her own class.

     Tatum, Kim, and Sidney each strutted out of the schools back doors. "Sidney, I promise. It was just some sick fuck having a laugh."

     Sidney pulled her bag up her shoulder, memories of the incident were obviously shooting through her brain. "No, it was him. I know it."

     It had been a full school day and they were back to this topic again, an event that happened just before first period. Right after the fact, Sidney rushed to both Kim and Tatum's classrooms, and banged on the door for their attention. And once she got both of them out of class, she described her conversation with Billy, as running away into the bathroom. And getting attacked in the bathroom. She described a man hiding in the stall, waiting for her, Ghostface, of course.

     "Serial killers, by definition, are smart. They minimize risk, plan and recalculate everything, down tot the last breath. Showing up here would be the most lame-brain move he could make." Kimberly ranted. The two girls made eyes at her, wondering how she'd have such a deep analysis on murders. "I watch a lot of true crime."

     And then- deju vu- Stu jumped from behind the small group, making funny noises with his mouth as he presented three flowers in his hands. "Darling, I don't know what you did, Sidney. But, on behalf of the entire student body we all say thank you!" He exclaimed handing Sidney and Tatum their tiny flowers he'd so obviously picked from the schools yard.

     "Knock it off, Stu." Kim demanded, tugging at his button-up shirt. Stu laughed, running around Sidney and Tatum and picking up Kim by her legs. "You know what I say? To celebrate this impromptu fall break, I purpose we have a party." He slipped Kim's own flower between her ear, letting it stick out prettily.

     Sidney frowned, almost too quickly. "Are you serious?" She asked, beginning to walk again. Stu dropped Kim from his grip, but didn't let go of her arms. "My parents are out of town. It'll be like my hurricane bash last year. Just a few of us, hanging out." He prompted.

     Kim's teeth sank the skin inside her cheek. "This might be good. Help you take your mind off things?"

     Tatum sat up, latching her arm around Sid's. "Yeah! What do you say." She said enthusiastically.

     Sidney still hadn't been bought yet though. "I don't know. . ." She trailed, keeping her eyes on the side walk as she kept up with the group.

     "I mean, Pathos could have its perks."

     Stu grabbed Kim's wrist, spinning her around in a dance like motion and then dipping her into his arms. "I'll totally protect you, I am so buff, I got you covered girl!" He assured, keeping Kim down in his arms as they walked.

     Tatum frowned. "Come on, Sid. It could be fun." She begged, making the group pause in their walk.

     "Safety in numbers-" Kim almost stuttered as Stu bent his head down into the crook of her neck, beginning to kiss little pecks at her skin. "Right?"

     "Okay, whatever."

     Stu's head popped back up from Kim's neck. "Yeah? Nice!" Tatum grabbed Kim's arm and pulled her back into their walk down the side walk while Stu stayed put. "Okay, you guys bring food, alright?"