A lie and yet the truth

The mafia

As in drug cartels

Which leads to Alexandros

He will find us again

No. He can't. I won't let that happen

All these thoughts run into my head once Lorenzo said the words 'Italian mafia'. I am snapped out of my thoughts when Silas clears his throat. "Well, since you already know I will just tell you everything else that will be happening until you are no longer needed". He says with his deep voice echoing through his office.

"What? What do you mean 'until I am no longer needed'? I have a child there is no way in hell that I would work for you". I say standing up from my seat looking down at Silas. "Well since you lost something that you stole from me, it is only right to have you work for me, that is unless you want me to kill you and your child." He says now standing up from his seat behind the desk looking down at Kaiser.

I look down at Kaiser as well only to find him trying to figure out how Silas' phone works. I can't let my baby in harms way, he's done nothing wrong, I think to myself. "Fine just tell me what I have to do" I say sighing in defense and sitting back down.

"Well before we do anything, I did a background check on you only to find that you don't exist" Lorenzo says finally speaking up. I look at him and then Silas trying to come up with a lie but can't seem to find one.

"Well... I don't have all day" Silas says breaking the silence that once echoed this room. I look back at Kaiser to see him watching some strange show and say "hey my love, can you go to that man over there for a second please?" Gently rubbing his curly brown hair as he looks up at me and nods before jumping off the chair and running to Lorenzo .

"Do u mind taking him out if the room for a second? And if there is more then a hair out of place, I will murder you" I say with a serious glare toward him as he slowly nods and rushes out if the room.

"So you know my name, now I want to know yours" Silas says grabbing my attention from saude and Kaiser. I look back at him and clear my throat. "It's ańaria and the reason why I don't exist is because legally I am dead" I say looking at him only now noticing how handsome he really is.

"If I'm going to have you work for me I'm going to need something background knowledge on you" he says in a clearly bored yet intrigued tone. "Well uh I grew up in a small town here in New York with my family and was out in the system after my parents died so when I turned 16 I ran away" I say which is a lie but I did grow up in New York.

"Ah so then what of the accent I hear?" He says while moving his hand from his lap to the desk as he props his chin to sit on it. "My mother was Mexican and my father was Italian and Irish" I say shifting in my seat trying to make it seem as though I'm not lying

He hums and looks at the door able to hear my son laughing at something or someone just outside the door. "And what about him?" Silas asks looking back at me.

"One night stand. His father said he wanted nothing to do with him and left and since then I've raised him. That's all you need to know" technically I wasn't lying, his father did say he wanted nothing to do with him after he was born.

"Well ańaria, be ready in the morning. We're going to Italy" he says getting up from his seat and walking out so I couldn't ask any more questions.

I try to out Kaiser to sleep knowing we have a big day ahead of us. "Mi amore what's wrong?" I ask knowing somethings wrong.

"Mama will papa hurt us again for leaving?" He asks looking up at me with his bright blue eyes. "My love I will let him hurt you again I promise" I say kissing his forehead as I him to him seeing that he is slowly falling asleep.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Silas had drugged us before getting on the plane so I wouldn't figure what his house looked like.

As I walk Kaiser sleep across from my on the other chair I see him toss and turn. 'Shit' I mumble under my breath and try to get up only to be yanked back down by a pair of chains on my wrist.

"Hey asshole can you unchain me? My son needs me" I say to the guard that is currently watching me struggle. He ignores me and turns the other way. I see Kaiser's breathing starting to become heavier and I look back at the guard in panic.

I hear Lorenzo and Silas walk in. I look back to see Lorenzo laughing at something and Silas staring back at me. "Hey buddy! Your asshole of a guard won't get me out of these chains and my son needs me" I yell at the both of them as they walk towards me helping me out.

I run over to Kaiser and rub his head feeling sweat on his forehead. I curse under my breath and look over at Lorenzo who is looking at me
And Silas who is yelling at the guard. "Can you get me a bottle of water and the needle from that bag please?" I ask Lorenzo and he nods his head and goes to get the stuff.

"It's okay my love. Mama's right here" I say trying to calm him down but it's not working. Silas is finally done yelling at the guard and notices me on the floor. "What's wrong with him?" He asks dumbfounded like he's never seen a kid having a panic attack.

"He's having a panic attack" I say quickly as Lorenzo brings back the stuff I ask for. "Baby you have to wake up okay?" I say to Kaiser as he slowly wakes up and starts to breathe heavier again. I gently stuck the needle in his arm as I hum to him his favorite song as he cries a little.

"See mi amore all better" I say trying to cheer him up. He sits on my lap and lays his head in the crook of my neck. "That boy needs to man up. He will never get anywhere in life if you baby him" one of Silas' guards say shaking his head. I turn to him placing Kaiser down as Lorenzo walks next to me.

"Woah mama bear let's chill a little" he says putting his hand on my shoulder trying to calm me down. I shrug his hand off my shoulder, walk over to the guard and punch him in the face.

'Damn' I hear behind me but I ignore it. "Don't you ever tell me how to raise my child because you were not there when I gave birth to him puta!" I yell in his face watching as he scoots away from me slowly nodding his head.

I go back to grab Kaiser and I see that he went over to Silas trying to get on his lap. It's clear Silas doesn't know what to do by the confusion on his face.

"I can take him back if you're uncomfortable" I tell him reaching my arms out for Kaiser when Silas stops me. "No it's fine" he says simply, picking up my son sitting him on his lap.

"Damn mama you can throw a punch" Lorenzo says laughing with his head thrown back.

"Well if you guys don't mind I'm going to get some rest before we land" I say with a yawn walking over to the chair and resting me head on my fist.