chapter 14

She was standing upon the young girl’s dead body. She never really liked her but she would have never wished her story to end like this. Her dark brown hair was all over bloody face. Her green eyes were sat down once and for good making her trying to remember the time she was still alive. Her body looked broken and her beautiful blue dress had red stains all over it while one of her was missing.

Jo felt a long finger wipe the tears she didn’t know had run down her cheek. She looked into her mate’s eyes with sadness happy that she is not alone to this. He pulled her in his arms and kissed the top of her head as she hid her face to his chest. He could feel her pain for the girl that was lying dead in the ground even if he couldn’t understand it. He knew she was looking for that girl and that she wanted to stop her so why on earth was she hurting that much? ‘’You ok?’’ he whispered and tighter his hold around her small figure. She nodded but kept quiet for a moment before she pulls away and looks him coldly.  He tried to see the hurt he still knew she felt in her eyes but found nothing. It amazed him how she could hid her feeling so well and made him feel proud to have her as his mate. She would be an excellent queen one day.  

‘’Now that Emma is dead can we go home please?’’ asked Alpha Jared and Jo gave him a cold look. ‘’No…we still must kill the first vampire. I won’t allow Eva to stay in danger or any of my future daughters die over a stupid deal with the king. ‘’ she said and looked her mate in the eyes with love. He felt so thrilled that his lovely mate wanted to protect their future children, his wolf felt pride to have her as his.’’ And for this to happen we must kill your step-mother Eliot. Will you help me protect your sister and any future daughters we have?’’ she looked broken to say the least…like she was asking him to do the most shameless thing ever. He knew that a plan against his step-mother, the first vampire and currently wife of his father would defiantly be dangerous…he knew that there was a chance he wouldn’t even survive over it….but he had no real choice. Looking into her chocolate brown eyes he knew he had to protect his future with her….no child of his would be sacrificed. If he wanted a happily ever after he had to fight for it…at least he was lucky to have someone like her by his side…he knew her for only a few days but still she had found her way to his heart. He kissed her pink lips and nodded before he rest his forehead to hers knowing very well that their future wasn’t very bright any more.

Eva’s P.O.V

I had walk up in Rick’s arm feeling guilty and dirty. Last night was a mistake. A horrible mistake. I had cheated the only person that actually loved me with all of his heart. That wanted for me to wait until I was ready.

I opened my eyes and saw that Rick was gone and from the smell of it, it that must have been a while ago. I instantly felt worst. Not only I cheated Ian but Rick wasn’t even worth it. He had probably left during the night from my bed realizing he did a horrible mistake. I sigh as I think that he will probably give me yet another lecture about how wrong it would be for us to be together. I felt hurt, guilty and stupid….so dumn stupid.

After I showered (and cried my eyes out too) I put on some sweatpants and a white t-shirt before I pull my hair into a ponytail. I looked myself in the mirror with pity thinking that I hate myself for what I did to Ian. I took my bag and went to school.

People were keeping staring at me making me thing that they might even know what I did last night. I wish Jo was here…I really need someone right now to tell those people to fuck off. Thankfully (even if a part of me was really sad about it) I didn’t see Rick all day…not even at lunch so I guess he just skipped today which is fine. I bet he is just wandering how he will make me to back off…not that I want to do anything with him…or do I? last night was great and sleeping in his arms just felt so right but….he is the one that killed my wolf, the one that rejected me, the one that kept hurting me over and over for sooo long and lied to me over and over again…..How can I trust him again? Why should I in the first place?

I start walking back to the pack house thinking about what I should do. I was so confused that my head was hurting and my heart was beating fast. Suddenly I felt like someone was watching me. A chill run down my spine as the knowledge that someone was watching my every move. I tried to walk faster for a moment before realization hit me. I was close to the woods so it must have been a guard or something. I slowed down for a moment while walking to the woods. I sat down in the hard ground and closed my eyes. My life is such a mess that it doesn’t even make sense anymore. I wanted my mommy, To hold me and whisper sweet nothing to me. but she was at work as always. I sigh. I want my Jo to start yelling at me for screwing things up with Ian so bad, to call me horrible person an then ask how good was it with Rick….but I don’t even know where the hell she is. I open my eyes and dig in my bag for a candy when my fingers find a key and tears start running down my face. I look the small key with sadness. Lastly but not least I need Ian. Somewhere between our talks, smiles, hugs and kisses I fall for him…he became my best friend…the man I need by my side.

I closed my eyes and pulled the key closer to my heart while thinking my two mates.

When Ian was sweet, funny, mature, nice, and cares about my well be and be honest with be even if that hurts me cause he sees me as an equal Rick isn’t.

He always believes that he knows better and do not care if I get hurt, he lies to me and use our mating bond against me, he is selfish, immature and a coward. He didn’t have the guts to fight for me….not until I was given a second chance in happiness.

As I think about it I realize that I am not in love with Rick anymore, he was important to me once but now…now we have a physical attraction cause of the bond and that is all.  Ian knows and loves me the way I am and I do the same for him. I know he has a terrible past and I don’t care, he never tried to hide from me, he never tried to be someone else, he wanted me to love him for who he is…and I did, with all my heart I fell for him. For his blue eyes and strong jaw, for his kind heart and his smart mind and now…now I need to fix things up….no I have to fix things up….cause I am not sure I can live without him anymore.

I have to tell him what happened and beg for his forgiveness…it might take a while but I think I can make him forgive him….i would do anything to earn his love again. I open my eyes and run tower his house all the time praying the guard that was watching me before will be far gone by now.

I run as fast as I can …wanting to be at Ian’s place as soon as possible. His house isn’t very far from our territory but still I am glad that even without my wolf I am not slow as a human would be.

My smile spits into two when I see his house. Something looks of on it by I am not sure what. I knock his door once with the biggest smile in my face and wait….

…and wait…

…and wait.

I knock again but no one is answering so I do it again…..still nothing. I open the door with my key.

Maybe he is asleep.

It is so dark in here that I can’t see a thing…I mean would it be so hard to open a window or something? I start hugging the wall in my attempt to find the switch and let a small breath I didn’t know I was holding when the lights light up.

Ever since I was kid I have a small irrational fear about darkness…it is the reason why I hate to sleep alone (and most nights Jo stays at my place) or the why I let a small bed light light up all night next to my bed.

I look around the house with amazement as always. The place is huge and looks so classy that reminds me of a castle...making me feel like a real princess.

Suddenly I feel someone’s present close by. ‘’Hello?’’ I yell to the empty ear with no answer. I walk tower the stares when I feel the same presence near me. Before I can turn around and see what is going on I feel something hitting my head hard and I fell to the ground. I try to focus to the man’s face above me when he kicks my head with force.

The last thing I see before darkness take over is a tall guy with red hair and a small smirk in his thin lips.