Chapter 15

My head hurts and my mouth is dry while I feel a strong need to pee. I open my eyes with difficulty as even that motion hurts like hell. ''Look who is up'' says a very thin voice. I try to focus to the person that is speaking but I really can't. I try to see but my eyes will not work with me. ''where am i?'' I ask and hear my own voice been so weak and pathetic. I hear no answer as I close my eyes again.  My throat hurts and I feel like I have been sitting in the same position for way too long. I try and open my eyes again this time able to see one small figure curled in the corner just opposite me.  the figure looks broken and way too still for my likeness. I realize that their are chains to my feet and arms holding me still and close to the wall behind me. the figure on the other hand has chains only in its right arm..Although I can't see why they felt the need to chain it. The thing looks dead. Suddenly it hits me. I was kidnapped in a small cage with a dead body. Fuck my luck. I hear the chains move and see the figure sit up and watch me. first thought in my mind. Zombies are real. Second though I now that figure. ''Hey Eva'' ''Jo?''

I freeze as I now can see better the broken figure of my friend and tear run down my face. her golden brown hair are gone leaving a shaved head behind it, her big brown eyes that usually looked at me with hope and sparkle now look shallow and dead with big purple bruises on both of them. Her full lips are cut and look pale except from her bottom lip that has some dried blood on it probably from some small wound there or something. Her body looks terrible as well. She was always skinny but not that skinny. I can see her bones and purple bruises and red marks marking her pale skin. I can see a deep wound that looks still fresh and bleeds in her thigh. She wears only her underwear and seems to freeze. Werewolves can't feel the cold if they are not close to death. ''Jo? What happened?'' I ask as fresh tears run down my face and she smiles ''I am dying I guess'' she said it not challenging like she was talking about the weather making my mind and heart hurt so much that I couldn't control it. I wanted to break my chains, run to her side and help her out ''how, why, when?'' so many questions in my mind that I am not even sure what should I ask first. Jo seems to relies what I am trying to say and takes a deep breath '' Let me start from the begging''

Jo's P.O.V

Flashback

Seeing Emma's dead body hurt me more than I thought it would. Yes she wanted to destroy my friend and yes I wanted to stop her but no one and I mean no one deserves to die like this. Her throat was ripped apart in a way that made her head hardly connecting with her body. She must have been suffered. ''Now what?'' asked Jared as me and my mate was walking in front of him ''who would kill her like this? Who could hate her that much?'' I ask mostly myself ''It can't be her vampire friend'' says Alpha Jared and I turn around to look at the old guy with wonder ''Why not?'' I watch him roll his eyes ''Think about it. You give me some valuable information and I kill you? Why? Why would I do that?'' he asks and Eliot answer ''It is a valuable information right? So maybe he or she was afraid the girl would say too more people and decided to silence her'' ''Yea but kill her like this? He was supposed to be her friend right? Why don't do it with more mercy?'' ''Because he is a vampire...they know no mercy'' says Eliot ''I can't believe what I am about to say but I think Jared is right'' I say and watch Eliot's eyes widen ''The person that killed her must have hate her...and why would anyone hate her if not for putting their mate in danger?'' I ask and Alpha Jared frowns ''You think my son would do such a horrible thing? Do I need to remind you he is miles away with Eva?'' I shake my head no.'' I didn't mean Rick...Eva has...two mates. I need to meet with Ian'' ''What? two mates? How can that be?'' asked Alpha Jared and I shook my head ''Don't know, don't care. I will go find him you can and find a witch that will be able to bring back Eva's wolf. If she is the only one that can kill the first vampire she needs her wolf'' he nodded and Eliot grabbed my hand ''Maybe you should go and find Eva, talk to her about our plan...she needs to know everything if we go against my step-mother.'' Says Eliot and I shake my head no ''I will go and visit her other mate don't worry'' he continues and I look deep in his eyes. ''In the pack they know I am dead I can't just walk around without giving any explanations....you go to Eva and I go to her mate'' ''But..'' he start and I silence him with a kiss ''I will be fine'' I whisper against him and he nods a little out of breath ''Promise me you will be back to me...I can't lost you'' he says while stroking my face and I nod with a big smile ''I will always come back to you'' I say and kiss him once again.

I stand outside Ian's house feeling a little odd. I have met the guy only once and now I will accuse him for killing Emma. I knock on the door and almost immediately the door flies open. I watch Ian's eyes widen and freeze. The man I met looked so full of life and hope. This guy looked broken with empty eyes. ''Jo?'' he asks and I nod. He has a mad expression that scares me a little but I try to shake it off. '' Can I come in?'' I ask and he nods opening his door for me. ''Where is Eva?'' he asks and I think this is the only thing that he cares about...his mate. It shocks me the sympathy I feel for this man. How horrible it must be to have a mate that is not completely yours? I just found mine but I know I would go crazy if I was in the same position with this guy. '' I will tell you everything'' I say and sit in a red couch.

Half an hour later I have finished my story. I have told him who Eva is and what had happened with Emma. He stays silent as I speak and I think is because he is shocked   but soon I realize it is because I am not telling something that he doesn't already know. ''You knew everything right?'' I ask and he nods ''I was Emma's vampire friend in the club...when she told me about Eva I killed her...I needed to protect my mate. Even if she chose someone else.'' I look at him confused ''Someone else? She didn't choose anything.'' I say knowing for sure that Eva wouldn't choose Rick no matter what. she loved Ian and even if people would say they didn't much cause he was a vampire and all I knew...he was her other half..her better half. ''I felt her with another man a week ago...I guess she choose the guy that was keep telling her that she wasn't good enough...her lost'' he face and body looked calm as he said those things but his eyes could tell me just how hurt, sad and mad that made him. ''no she told me she loved you...there must be more...things that we don't know'' I say but before he can answer the door opens and ten vampires wearing black suits with exposed fangs get in the room. Ian is up and in front of me in a sec ready to protect me. ''Can I help you guys?'' says Ian and one of the men smiles ''Sorry my lord but we have orders'' ''What kind of orders may I ask?''  ''To capture you both for plotting our queens death'' my eyes widen. Fuck we are screwed ''Well...we won't come easy'' he says and jumps  tower them ''RUN JO RUN'' he scream and I do as he says.

I leave the house and run like bat out of hell but someone is jumping on me out of nowhere and knocks me out.

Now

'' when I woke up I was locked up just like you with Ian chained just where you are now. Two hours later they start torturing us. First they shaved my head...not sure why. And then they start punching us with silver gloves....let me tell you it hurts like hell. Then they striped us of our clothes and start purring cold water in our bodies till we start feeling it. Then they start asking questions. Every time we stayed silent they would hurt us again. Ian took the worst on him by calling them names and making them hit him every time he would think I just couldn't take it....if it wasn't for him I would already be dead''  I say and watch Eva's eyes widen as tears were kept rolling down his face ''When I asked him why he tries to protects me that much he said....Eva loves you and I can't let someone she loves get hurt like this....he loves you more than you deserve...than anyone deserves.'' I close my eyes trying to keep some straight. Most likely people would come for me in less than an hour..i needed to stay strong just a little longer.  ''Jo?'' she asks in a broken voice and I force my eyes to look my friend's face. she looked broken and hurt and right now I would take any beating in order to erase that look of her face. ''Yes?'' I ask in a small voice already knowing the question just as much as the horrible answer I would have to give her ''where is Ian? Is he...is he alive?''