chapter 10

Once upon a time I met a little girl and instantly made her by best friend, once upon a time that girl grows up and became the sister I never had and once upon a time she died. After my mom left the house I decided to get up and try to live…for both of us. I went to the kitchen and ate some pizza before I hit the shower and fresh up a little.

I look myself in the mirror…I am paler and thinner than ever since the last time I ate it was the day she left. I wear some skinny jeans and Jo’s black t-shirt with a red logo on it…it says live before you die. Did she really have a nice life? Would she have any regrets? I doubt it since Jo never regretted anything…not even when she thought it would be a good idea to swim for over five days so she could break the world record….even if she stopped after four hours out of boredom. I sat on my bed and looked around my room…everything remind me of her and I could feel new tears form in my eyes so I did something I haven’t done for a while….i take the camera from under my bed and watch it…then suddenly I take place and start taking pictures…at first they are weird but then they look perfect. I take my camera and run outside taking pictures while I run.

Suddenly the day is beautiful and the world looks so perfect .........so I keep running while taking pictures and giggle with joy…I think people give me funny looks but honestly I couldn’t care less…I am more than happy right now.  Out of nowhere I hit someone in the chest and hit the floor. I try to get up when a hand helps me up. I froze the moment sparkles spread down my spine hopping that was Ian but when my eyes landed on his face I pulled away. Rick was looking at me with sad eyes and I could feel a part of me wanted to help him, tell him I am here for him but I didn’t….the image of him getting out of the woods with blood all over his body was still hunting me….the scream he made her have probably a moment before she leaves her lest breath. ‘’Eva I think we need to talk’’ he said in a deeper than I could remember voice and I shook my head no….i had nothing to say to him. He was a killer….he killed my best friend, my sister.  ‘’Please Eva I don’t want to make you do it without your will but you give me no choice’’ he said and I gave him a puzzled look ‘’Do what exactly Alpha?’’ I asked and he tried to stroke my cheek. I pulled away just in time so his hand will find empty air. His face hardens and gave me a cold look. ‘’The ceremony for my new Luna is going to be in a week…we need a Luna’’ I felt a small pain in my chest….Emma would take the place that rightfully belonged to me…she would deliver the children I was supposed to deliver and she would have my happily ever after….i wanted to cry for the life I could never have but in the same time I knew I shouldn’t feel this way. He broke my heart and killed my best friend I must not love him…he doesn’t belong to me and I don’t belong to him…..but then why it hurts me to know that I will never have him?

‘’Ok’’ I say in a small voice and I watch his face light up like a Christmas tree. I felt the need to cry but tried to hold it back ‘’So you will accept the position and me after all?’’ he asks hopefully and I give him a funny look ‘’Say that again?’’ ‘’I said do you accept the position and me?’’ I give him a flat look ‘’No…isn’t Emma suppose to take that place? You rejected me remember?’’ I ask and his eyes darkened ‘’It wasn’t supposed to be her …it was your faith, our destiny to be together’’ he says and I feel my heart melt a little but I refuse to show it ‘’What about Emma?’’ I ask in a small voice and I can see his wolf take control ‘’She won’t bother us again’’  I am shocked ‘’What that suppose to mean Rick? Did you killed her? Like you killed Jo?’’ ‘’Don’t talk to me like that’’ he says and I growl ‘’Why are you going to kill me to? Fuck you Rick…I am never going to stand by your side, I am never going to be your Luna…I prefer to die than be the mate of A KILLER’’  I scream in his face while tears run down my face. Rick stand frozen in place probably not expecting me to talk to him like that…I was always the shy one, the quite one. Not the brave and the hater….that was Jo not me. I turn around ready to walk away when a hand is wrapping around my waist and pulls me flat to a hard chest. I froze when his hot breath hit my naked neck and his warm hand touches my belly pulling my shirt up so he can touch my skin. I feel like moaning the moment his sweet lips brush my collarbone and his other hand pulls my hair so he can have better access…still I suppress. Remember what he did Eva…remember who he is. I close my eyes trying to visualize him covered with Jo’s blood but all I can think of is his hard chest against my back, his sweet breath at my neck…his warm arm wrapped around me in a protective way. ‘’Things aren’t always like they seems to be…have some faith in me and I promise to never make you regret it’’ he whispers in my ear and then kisses me behind it before he lets me go. I am not even looking his way while I am running tower my house….it was a bad idea to get out. Now I felt like I had betrayed both Ian and Jo. I am a horrible person…that is my only thought while I open my house door and run up to my bed. I lay down and start crying all over and thinking about Jo and Ian.

When I was ten and she was nine we decided to bake a birthday cake for my mom’s birthday…we end up in the hospital after we almost burned the kitchen. That was my clue to never even try cooking again but Jo tried again and again until she learn to cook like a pro…she even took some online lessons to learn how. She was so stubborn and a good friend. When I was twelve Samantha pranked me….she put some paint in my locker destroying everything I had inside. I had cried so much that day in Jo’s arms that she decided to make her pay. The next day little Jo made sure some really nasty food to be thrown in Samantha’s head. It was the last time anyone tried to bully me. She was my best friend and I left her killer touch me…worst of all….i liked it and wanted more. I sobbed quietly to my pillow when Ian’s face came to my head. Sweet, gently and loving Ian that was making me laugh every time I felt sad, that kept telling me how much he loved me and how perfect I was for him…I betrayed him as well. Could I tell him how I felt? I wasn’t sure about it…but I knew I needed him right now. I needed his arms around me and his body against me…I needed him to tell me that everything will be fine and I needed to believe him.

Suddenly a plan came to my mind…I have to go to him. I need him and I want be ok without him so tonight when my mom and the whole pack will be asleep I will sneak out of here and the guard and run to him…he is the only one I can trust. He is my mate and I need to stay with him.

All day I stayed in bed thinking and crying. I didn’t eat and when mom came she didn’t even came to my room probable bored of a daughter with depression. The night came and the moon was shining big and bright to the sky when I took my bag and jumped out of the window. The air was freezing so I pulled my coat closer around me. I start walking tower the forest hoping no one will notice me but in the same time knowing that something like that will probably be hard to happen. Rick had ten people patrol the pack land at day and twenty five out of them at night. I tighten the grip to my bag and start walking faster feeling the need to let the forest hide me. Maybe once in there I will be harder to be found with all those smells hiding my own.

When I finally reached the trees I left a breath I didn’t know I was holding and touched my head to the tree. My mom will freak when she wakes up and I won’t be there but it is better this way…she doesn’t need me crying all day ….i am not her daughter anymore. Her daughter died the day I watched my mate getting out of this woods covered in her blood….i was not a person anymore….i was just a shadow of my past self. It was selfish to let her go like this…without a goodbye but she wouldn’t understand me. I need to find my place in the world and I know that only Ian can help me do it. I close my eyes and take a deep breath…Goodbye my old life, goodbye Jo; I am going to miss you all. That is all I am thinking when I open my eyes and start walking again.

Suddenly I hear a footsteps and I panic…I start running with everything I have but I am not that fast. I let my bag hit the ground and so do with my coat in order to run faster but the person that chases me is much faster than me.

I let out a small scream as a huge black wolf comes from behind me and pushes me hard to the ground. I hit my head as I fell and soon I feel dizzy…last thing I see is the wolf’s big eyes looking at me with worry before darkness take over.