12.

Sage couldn't sleep, to say she was nervous was an understatement

Sage couldn't sleep, to say she was nervous was an understatement. The girl was pacing back and forth in her room on the resistance base trying to calm herself down. Chewie had prepared the ship and everything for the journey ahead and yet sage still felt like she was totally unprepared for it all. She's been waiting to find her family for so long but now that she has the chance to see her father, she doesn't feel ready.

Poe on the other hand laid awake in his bed trying to get his brain to shut up. He couldn't stop thinking about sage, and he didn't really understand why, I mean he's meet tuns of men and women from across the Galaxy but none of them have had the same effect on him that sage does. Something about her stuck with him, maybe its because he's never meet anyone who could fly a ship as courageously as him, or maybe it's the way she looks at him like he could accomplish anything, or even the way she knows how to keep him on his toes.

Whatever it was Poe couldn't stop thinking about it and how in the morning she'll be gone all over again. He had to see her one last time, so he got out of bed put on one of his many different leather jackets and walked out the door. As the door to his room opened however he was meet with a surprised looking sage.

"Sage" Poe said as his heart skipped a beat at the sight of her. She was truly a beautiful girl her long blonde locks were now down out of her braids that she usually had up

"Sorry, I know it's late but I just couldn't sleep and I needed a friend"

"No no it's alright, I was actually just about to go find you and say the same" Poe said continuing to admire the girls beauty "I have an idea Cmon" poe grabbed a radio and a lantern "follow me" sage then took Poe's hand and followed him out of the building and into the surrounding woods.

"Poe where are we going?"

"You'll see"

"If your planning on murdering me just know that I can use the force"

"okay whatever space witch" Poe teased the girl as they came up to a clearing on the sandy shore of the surrounding lake. Poe put the lantern down on a log and sat down in the sand turning the radio on. As it plaid lightly sage sat beside the man and looked up at the stars. 

"I've never seen so many stars in the sky, jakku was always plagued with sand storms every night. Jakku never actually had much of anything..." sage said never once taking her eyes off the sky. Poe however had his eyes glued to the girl "this place.... It's beautiful"

"sure is" poe muttered still staring at sage. When the girl turned her head to look at him, he quickly tried to look away smoothly but sage definitely noticed. She lightly chuckled as she smiled at the man.

She was now the one staring, as the moonlight was shining down on him in a way that hypnotized her.

"So are you ready for tomorrow?" Poe said breaking the silence and looking back to her. He knew that that's what was keeping her up