confessions

Patrick is at the door of keyu's and liuyu's shared dorm contemplating whether to knock or just go back to his room. He knows liuyu or the rest except for nine and boyuan is not at their dorm and these two won't bother coming here cause they are busy with their stuff. Patrick is rethinking about this big hell of the decision he just made and he's been having two sided opinions on what he's gonna do.

'To hell with it all, just do it Patrick!' He reassures him and knocks slightly on the door.
A few seconds later he hears footsteps and finally the door opens to a messy haired zhou keyu who seemed to be watching something.
"Oh, hey Patrick what are you doing here, come in" keyu gestures.
"God what was I even thinking...it's not too late to run isn't it'. He feels his heart beating soo fast that he feels as if he's gonna faint right at that moment.

He enters the olders room and goes near his messy bed next to liuyu's well kept bed. He scans the room and let's out a deep breath.
"What is-"
"Im gonna be saying something that might or definitely make things awkward between us and I know your probably wondering why I'm even doing it if it's gonna make things awkward between us, but I don't think I can keep it inside of me anymore and It's been bothering me for weeks so yeah....here it is" he says looking anywhere except the olders face.

Keyu stands stiff next to Patrick. His heart raising at what the younger is about to say. He is aware of what the younger is about to do and he himself thought about it once or twice. But standing there next to him he wants Patrick to do anything except that.
Patrick turns to face keyu. he takes a look at keyu's face. He can feel the thick cloud of tension between them, but still he decides to do it. It's better to say it out loud he's already this close to saying what's in his mind and he doesn't what to later think about the what ifs if he doesn't say what he's about to say.
So he says...

"Daniel I really really like you, more than friends even more than you think. You might not feel the same way at all but still I just wanted to say it out loud. I know this is gonna make things very awkward between us but still I wanted to say this not thinking about the outcome this will bring about...I'm not saying let's just get into a relationship or anything right now and I also know how much of a big risk it will be if the company ever finds out as well. But still I'm saying that I like you and I've liked you for a while now...so uhm..that's what I wanted to say"

Patrick takes another glance at keyu to see him stupefied. With that one look he already feels as if his world is ending. He already knows what answer keyu will give him
"Uhm..."
"I like you too Patrick, but not in the way you think you'll always be my little brother though and you'll always be special to me.....but,uhm...I'm sorry I can't be what you want me to be for you..." daniel replies with guilt in his eyes.

      * * * * * * * * * * * *
A/N: this au is purely fictional. If you feel uncomfortable with the plot feel free to stop.

Credits for the picture to its rightful owner
Thank you so much for reading