hopeless

' that's it, why am I so stupid' Patrick thinks as he enters his room after the rejection. He locks the door and finally breaks down. All the disappointment and frustration he kept inside of him he let's it all out. He himself can't believe what he's done. He just lost one of the most important person in his life.someone who was by his side helping him and being with him whenever he needed a friend. He should've always known things wasn't different between them. They were always destined to be friends.

All the good times he had with him, all were lost. They are never ever going to be the same. He was not even sure if the other would even talk to him the same...
All their memories of the past 7 months goes through his head and there wasn't a single time he wasn't happy when he was with him. He had always felt as if he found his other half in him.
But it is all his own fault that this happened. He was expecting too much.
He cryes out for God knows how long until he finally falls asleep with tears soaked on his cheeks.

Flashback to few minutes ago...

"I like you too Patrick, but not in the way you think... you'll always be my little brother though and you'll always be special to me.....but,uhm...I'm sorry I can't be what you want me to be for you..." daniel replies with guilt in his eyes.
Patrick feels his world collapsing. But he manages to collect himself.
"It's alright I knew you wouldn't feel the same. But still I tried you know....now I don't have to regret about not keeping anything inside" he let's out a small chuckle.

He badly wants to leave this room, leave this mess he created. He himself knows he can't last long without breaking down and he for sure doesn't want to break down in front of keyu.
"Im really sorry Patrick I really am..."
It's alright you don't need to feels bad about not feeling the same way as me. You also don't have to worry about things being weird between us. I promise to give you the space you need. I won't be going anywhere, I'll still be here...just maybe not as close because of what I did...but thats completely my fault" he says trying to cover up what he feels.

" but i really-"
It's alright zhou keyu, i told you that you don't need to feels the same way...i ve made your mind uneasy I'm very sorry for taking your time and ruining your day. I'll just go now" Patrick says turning towards the door without turning to look back at keyu. He knows he can't do that so he just leaves...

"I do feel the same way as you do Patrick...it's just that I'm too much of a coward, I'm really sorry for hurting you like this..." daniel whispers to the closed door. A tear drops out of his eye without him realizing as he stands there...

• • • • • • • • • •

A/N: this au is purely fictional.
Feel free to stop if it's uncomfortable
Credits for the picture to it'd rightful owner
Once again thank you for reading