change of mind

Knock knock knock...
Patrick opens his door to find keyu standing there.
"Uhm...come in"
"Yeah...uh" keyu scratching his neck nervously.
"Can we talk? I've been meaning to talk to you..." Patrick asks when keyu just stands there nervously not telling the reason why he came to his room.
He closes the door and goes near his bed gesturing keyu to come forward.

"It's been a while..." Patrick says letting out a small chuckle
"I know right....I've missed you" keyu answer looking at Patrick as he tells him how much he missed him.
They both could feel the tension in the air. As they both stand there awkwardly facing each other.
If it was before, keyu would've got into Patrick's bed without asking and would lay there talking to him while Patrick continues to work.
Now, it is as if they don't know each other and they hate it.

"I-I'm very sorry..." Patrick says as to give their conversation a head start.
"We've not even seen each other at all this week...and I don't know which is worse. Not seeing you as before or getting rejected" Patrick let's out a small chuckle. He looks at keyu to see him looking at him as if he don't know what to say. So he continues.

" I said I would give you space, but I feel like this is even worse. Everytime I'm in the same room as you it feels so awkward now that it's almost suffocating...and I've never felt like that with you. You were someone I could always rely on and I would never run out of things to talk about..." he pauses and takes a deep breath. He feels very nervous right now that he's even scared to look at the older.

"I've been thinking and it was very selfish and reckless of me to tell you what I feel...I never considered how awkward it would make you feel or the worst possible outcomes it would bring about. I was only thinking about myself and not about you or anything else for that matter." He says looking at keyu he doesn't care anymore he should tell everything out and not keep anything inside.
"Im sorry for everything, I know I'm at fault-"

"Stop apologizing and saying that it's your fault" keyu cuts him off.
" it wasn't your fault you had every right to say what you feel..." he says looking at Patrick who looks like tears would fall off his eyes at any moment.
" I want us to go back as it was before" Patrick replies."I know we won't be completely like as we were before, but I don't want what's happening to us right now to happen to us anymore. I still want to talk you and stay next to you. I still want to be by your side if you need me." Patrick says with tears rolling down of his cheeks.

He feels his heart tighten as he speaks. " even though things will not be the same, I still want us to be good friends...that's all I want" he says wiping the tears that kept falling from his eyes.

"Can I change my answer, about what you asked me last week?"

         * * * * * * * *

A/N: this au came fully from my imagination. Feel free to stop this au if you feel uncomfortable
Credits for the picture to its rightful owner.

Thank you for reading this au till now