11. The Epilogue

April 1999
(Two and a half years since the Woodsboro murders)

"Do you, William Henry Loomis, take Elliott Alexandra Willows to be your wedded wife, to live together in marriage? Do you promise to love her, comfort her, honor and keep her for better or worse, for richer or poorer, sickness and health, and for...

"Do you, William Henry Loomis, take Elliott Alexandra Willows to be your wedded wife, to live together in marriage? Do you promise to love her, comfort her, honor and keep her for better or worse, for richer or poorer, sickness and health, and forsaking all others, be faithful only to her, for as long as you both shall live?"
"I do." Billy says, looking into my eyes with a wide smile. I smile back, fighting back tears.
"And do you, Elliott Alexandra Willows, take William Henry Loomis to be your wedded husband, to live together in marriage? Do you promise to love him, comfort him, honor and keep him for better or worse, for richer or poorer, sickness and health, and forsaking all others, be faithful only to him, for as long as you both shall live?"
"I do." I manage to choke out, one tear escaping my eyes as it runs down my cheek. Billy wipes it away with his thumb.
"I now pronounce you man and wife. You may now kiss your bride."
Billy pulls me close and kisses me deeply, before resting his forehead on mine, smiling brightly.
"Mama." I hear from the front pews, and from my moms arms. My mom hands me the beautiful, brown haired and green eyed toddler.
Mine and Billy's daughter, Laurie Regan Loomis.
Laurie, after Laurie Strode from Halloween, the movie that was playing the night we killed Sydney Prescott. That day also happened to be the day that she was conceived. Regan, after Regan MacNeil from The Exorcist, Billy's favourite scary movie.

The rest of the wedding was as amazing as the beginning. It was an intimate event, with my mom; Billy's parents (his mom had come back for the wedding); Stu as Billy's best man, of course; Stu's parents, as they were like second parents to both myself and Billy; and Deputy Riley, who had survived the stab in his back, but couldn't walk properly because of it.

That evening we drove to our honeymoon destination in Fort Bragg, whilst my mom took care of Laurie over the weekend.
When we arrived at the hotel, the sight was beautiful.
We checked in and were shown to our room. Our bathtub overlooked the cliffs, it was amazing.

A couple of hours later, and Billy and I were in the bathtub, drinking champagne

"You know, sometimes I still feel like I'm dreaming with everything's that happened." I blurt out.
"What do you mean?" Billy says, watching me carefully.
"Well, everything that happened with Sydney. I mean, our plan actually worked. We actually got away with it." I smiled at Billy, and he smiles back.
"And now, we have Laurie and we're married. I'm the happiest I've ever been, and it's because of you, Billy." He leans over and kisses me deeply, resting his forehead on mine.
"I love you, El." He says, before kissing me again.

~ • ~

9 months later

"Push, baby! Come on, you can do it!" Billy says from next to me, holding my hand as I squeeze it.
All of a sudden, I hear crying.
I look up and stop pushing, tears rolling down my cheeks as I see this tiny person being cleaned up.
"Congratulations. It's a boy." The doctor says, passing me mine and Billy's son.
I take him in my arms and look at his cute little face, and his chocolate brown eyes. I then look up to Billy, who meets my eyes with own chocolate brown eyes, kissing my forehead.
"Do you have a name for him?" The midwife asks us.
"Jack Michael Loomis." I say, looking from my baby boy to Billy, smiling.
Jack, as in Jack Torrance from The Shining, my favourite scary movie.
Michael, as in Michael Myers from Halloween.

Later, my mom brings Laurie to visit us.
It's a picture perfect moment: me on the hospital bed with Jack in my arms; Laurie sitting in front of me on the bed; and Billy perching next to me, his arm around me and the side of his head leaning against mine.
Both watching our two children.

~ • ~

Thank you for reading. I hope you enjoyed reading it as much I enjoyed writing it.