23 • Reconciliation

CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE: RECONCILIATION

-

smut-

Angel didn't care anymore. She knew that he probably wouldn't change his answer. And she had to respect his decision. For now, all she wanted was to show him how much she cared about him. Showing him just how important he was to her, no matter if he went back home or not. Maybe, it was even her showing him how she loved him. Because as of now, she wouldn't have said it out loud, afraid it would be too fast. Too early to say those three words.

She had her hands tangled up in his hair, her lips moving against his, her tongue sliding into his mouth. He had instantly melted against her, his hands were roaming her body while knowing every single curve of it by heart. As they stumbled to the bed clumsily, careful to not fall, they didn't break their kiss for even a second. It wasn't until they reached the wooden bed frame that they separated, eager to get rid of their clothes quickly. Angel felt the desire boil up in her lower stomach. She needed him right now, feel his hands on her bare skin, his lips grazing every most sensitive part of her. And she'd get it from him, because he wanted her just as much. She could tell by the way his kiss stayed eager, the way his pants were already straining around the crotch.

"I don't want you to be mad at me," she mumbled when her shirt left her body and landed on the rug.

Steve paused, his brow furrowed as he glared directly into her eyes, his chest intensely heaving. Angel shuddered due to the sudden cold that reached her skin and let goosebumps emerge on her burning skin.

"I'm not mad at you," Steve breathed, finally regaining his words, and tons of weight fell off the young woman's heart. When he kissed her again, she still felt that hidden anger, the desperate eagerness that transferred onto her lips. Was it anger he felt toward himself? Was he disappointed in himself, mad at the way he almost seemed to have screwed up everything?

"Steve—"

"No, Angel, let's not talk right now, okay?" he interrupted her instantly, not letting her finish her sentence. Her skin was liquid fire, the heat between her legs grew unbearable from merely hearing his deep voice buzzing against her eardrums. So, she surrendered, determined to properly talk to him about their little dispute later. There was a new priority that caught her entire existence, making her entire body tingle with utter desire.

Lips crashed onto one another again, hands roamed the other's body, heavy breaths and moans were the only sound to be heard in her bedroom. Their clothes left their body quickly, they slid them off each other with shaky fingers, trying to not break the kiss. When Steve had his fingers hooked under the thin fabric of her panties, Angel subconsciously held her breath, knowing exactly just how soaked they already were. With a careful move, the pants left her body, Steve knelt in front of her, placing kisses on her lower stomach, just above where she wanted him to be right now. A desperate whimper escaped her throat, which made him huff, clearly enjoying the impact he had on her—as he always had.