NINE (Part Two)

I turned my eyes to Joe in disbelief. Looking back at me was a cold-blooded man, a person who couldn't care less about anybody but himself. I guess he was right. That ring on his pinky finger did bring many good people into his life. The devil just never left it. I turned off the footage, grabbed all of my items, and began walking towards the exit. I had accepted my fate when I heard the judge mutter, "I guarantee that I have been shown all the evidence I need to close this case."

This was it. Joe was guilty, and he was about to be handcuffed and taken away. And soon, I'd be lifeless and buried underground.

"I understand vision mixing, and I took a well-educated course over Digital Editing and learned the manipulation advantages of mixing videos." the judge announced.

The court began to murmur, and the audience, even the clerk, was in a state of quandary.

"With consideration of the fusion of words combined to formulate a false sentence, Mr. Hart will be presumed not guilty." Judge Harvey stated as he slapped his gavel.

I widened my jaws in astonishment and turned towards Joe, who executed the same expression-- We won.

Judge Harvey had noticed that the provided tape had been mixed and arranged in a way that would make Joe seem guilty. The judge's team even tracked a sample of Samantha Julius's DNA on the corner of the recording right then and there. Joe was innocent, and I was alive.