a new beginning (PT:1)

Tommy shuffled himself to press his cheek into the window as bumps in the road made him bite his own cheek, furrowing his eyebrows. First day of freshmen year, whatever that meant. He'd moved to America and had no idea how the system worked. Had to take the bus, as if it wasn't already bad, he had to sit in the front because of 'Misbehavior' and 'problematic language' that a supervisor got upset at him for. All because he made a paper plane; the supervisor was mildly intimidating, looked like a demon with absolutely piercing eyes Tommy didn't dare disobey. At least, not yet; the voice didn't match, all squeaky. how stupid. This was Just unnecessary. Well, he was stuck watching his breath fog the window, feeling the wheels come to a stop as, from the corner of his eye, saw an extremely tall guy sit next to him, another shorter one following, sitting across of them. Tommy turned, looking at the two. The one sitting next to him was one of those mob hybrids things, and... The one sitting across seemed to be the same thing. Not like he could say anything, he had wings under his white and red sleeved varsity jacket, unbuttoned to show his uniformed shirt. Isn't that stupid? Why did he have to wear a stupid all black, or all white shirt. Of course he's going to go with white, he's not stupid but apparently the person sitting next to him was. He couldn't see the guy's face so all he knew was that they'd been half black half white From the back of their neck, looked like they took school unnecessarily seriously, with a tucked in shirt, tie and everything; the other one, being like... He leaned forward to get a better look. A- lamb? A sheep? A- something with curved horns. Tommy wasn't able to see that one's eyes either, my god their hair was so long in the front, and they'd been wearing a brown Shabby jacket, like it'd seen some hits from tumbles and trips. It was noted that, well, they had some pretty knarly scars. Unprofessional compared to suit guy. And he paused, "how old are you guys?" Tommy inquired, his eyes darting between them as they both turned their attention towards him, looking at the person next to him, as they were the most startled. One red eye to compliment their tie, and the other a Green, expressive, color there to match the riches he'd learn about later. The suited man was the first to look away, Putting a hand up to cover his eyes from view as the other clenched around nothing in his lap.

"Oh!" the one sitting opposite of them started, turning Tommy's attention as they brushed their bushy hair away From their right eye, the nuclear warning symbol bright yellow against the scarred skin around it. Held their hand out, which Tommy shook. "Big man's a senior, I'm a Junior, so basically h-"

It didn't even take Tommy five seconds to remove his hand, and object. Instinctively wiping his hand off.

"Well I'm going to need you to stop there because I don't know what any of those mea-" a small huff, getting a taste of his own medicine with an interrupting. It was worth noting, Tommy felt eased hearing someone else with his own accent.

"Yeah, yeah, I was getting to that." Tubbo swatted his hand through the air, dismissing Tommy's impatience. "Big man sitting next to you is a Senior, uh his name is Ranboo, so he's seventeen turning eighteen. And uh- I'm Tubbo, I'm a sixteen and I'm jun- wait-" the person sitting next to tommy, whomst name was apparently Ranboo, started chuckling under his breath although apparent that he was trying to contain it. Tubbo, was trying to correct himself. "I'm a s- I am a- a junior, which means I'm sixteen." he seems to look at Ranboo for reassurance that he had said it correctly, to which the other provided with a small nod and exhale. The reassurance was for both that he had gotten the order of Junior and senior correct, and what Tommy would later find out to be tubbo's dyslexia getting in the way of his speech. Tubbo's hair pushed back, which seemed to ease the yet-to-talk 'Big man'

"Oh..." he paused, then shifted. "I'm fourteen." He stopped there, didn't know what that meant and he wasn't going to embarrass himself. The silence was loud while it lasted, at least to Tommy; but it had only been a second or two. "Does he have an accent or does he- sound like us? Or can he not speak--" pointed at Ranboo, then had himself flinch when he heard a tone he wasn't expecting to, my god did this guys balls drop. His voice was deep, much deeper than Tommy would've thought, also had an American accent, which was less than thrilled to say the least.

"I can talk."

was all that was said from Ranboo, which made Tommy want to push it to see if he could get them to talk more. Tommy was staring, and Ranboo was avoiding acknowledging it

"How tall are you?" leaned in his seat, his wings under the varsity jacket ruffled, feather dropped on the space behind tommy. Golden Brown, medium sized feather, Phil said it's just what happens when they're going from yellow to white.

"Uh-"

"What are you?"

"An- enderman--"

"Why are you all, albino on one side?"

"I don't- remember"

"That's a pretty big thing to forget"

"well I-"

"why are you in a suit, it's not a business meeting it's just school"

"I-I- u-uhm"
Ranboo was getting extremely, uncomfortable; he had himself look completely away, turning his head and all. The bus came to a stop after a curve into a school street. You could practically hear the immediate relief Ranboo had experienced, but they didn't dare stand up without Tubbo doing so first.

It seems he followed him around, odd, innit? You'd expect a smaller, younger ram to be the one following the much taller, older- hybrid mutt thing. Tommy didn't mean that in a bad way, didn't dare say it out loud either way. He'd stared at them both as he realized, zoned out completely and almost didn't get off at all until Tubbo had deliberately waited for him, upsetting the line forming in the between. Tubbo seemed undisturbed, but Ranboo and Tommy sure weren't.

Ranboo apologizing to the person behind him under his breath as Tommy was very quickly fumbling to get up, flushed in painted pink dust that danced over his face, in embarrassment for already making a ruckus, he wasn't even IN school yet and he's already making a fool of himself. For Christs sake, as he went to walk down the stairs he had stepped on his shoelace and almost fallen off of them entirely, only thing that prevented him from that faceplant was how his wings almost immediately spread and let him somewhat save himself; it wasn't very graceful, he stumbled and unevenly distributed his weight on each wing,, but still a save. Honestly, that's the most embarrassed he's been in his entire life, only turning red when he looked back at the bus to see both Ranboo and Tubbo staring at him in different ways.

High school's going to be lovely for Tommy. He can already tell.

----

(Dude you have no idea how stuck I am with this now,
But have it as a first part since I'm brainrot for the second part rn
Anyways, suck my golf of Mexico merch this is now part one because I said so)