V

⚜ CHAPTER 5 ⚜

THE whole palace is in chaos. Everyone is panicking and terrified. The servants were engulfed with fear; the royal guards were all confused; and the royalties were extremely alarmed.

The order that used to run the palace was suddenly disturbed.

With the help of investigators, the emperor instantly found out that the storm only occurred in the palace, nowhere else.

"I am sure that was a doing of a moonchild!" The emperor is pacing back and forth with nothing but rage in his eyes.

"We're not sure of that, darling." The empress tried to calm him.

"We sure are!" He insisted. "No one will attack the palace but moonchildren!"

"Calm down. Maybe it was just a coincidence."

"Nothing is just a coincidence in this world. Whatever their plan is, I will make sure that they will never succeed!"

ALORA and Yda are carefully walking down the hill. May kalayuan na sila sa palasyo. Yda is assisting her niece as they make their way down.

When they reached a stream, they abruptly stopped. Napatingin si Alora sa tiya, nililibot nito ang paningin sa paligid sa hindi niya alam na dahilan. Yda then placed two fingers inside her mouth and whistled in a deafening way.

Moments later, a high pitch sound from a certain creature was heard all over the place, followed by a loud flapping of wings. May mabilis na lumipad sa kanilang ulunan na kinalaki ng mga mata ni Alora. Suddenly, a flying specie—that looked exactly from the Jurassic period—landed in front of them!

Ilang beses na napaatras si Alora, gusto niyang tumili pero sa sobrang gulat at takot niya ay tila nawalan siya ng boses.

Infront of them is a massive flying creature that has the same skin as dinosaurs. Its wings are so huge that it exceeds over 20 feet; its neck is elongated like a giraffe; its beak is very long, sharp, and pointed; and it has a long, thick tail!

Alora almost fainted with that sight, but Yda just calmly approached the creature without a sweat. Laking-laki naman ang mga mata ni Alora habang nakatingin sa tiya.

"Alora, meet Gallera, a hextosaurex, my tamed beast." The creature let out a high pitch for the second time.

Alora's eyes widened even more. "T-Tamed? That's your… pet?"

"Kind of, but not totally. Come on, ito ang sasakyan natin para mas madali ang paglalakbay natin."

Hindi kaagad nakagalaw si Alora. Hindi niya alam kung seryoso ba ang tiya niya. Napailang na lamang si Yda at nilapitan ito para alalayan siya palapit sa kanyang alaga.

"Halika, hawakan mo siya. She's completely harmless."

Ilang beses na napalunok si Alora habang unti-unti silang lumalapit. Nang tuluyan niya itong makatabi ay hinawakan ni Yda ang kamay niya at iniangat iyon para ilapat sa balat ng nilalang.

Alora's heart was racing as their skin made contact. But when the hextosaurex didn't react, Alora finally calmed down. Unti-unti na siyang napangiti at dinama ang balat ng nilalang sa kanyang palad. She isn't sure if the creature is considered a bird since it doesn't possess feathers, though it has wings and can absolutely fly.

"Paano niyo po siya na-tame, tiya?"

"Well, a hextosaurex is originally wild. You tame them by finding one in the mountains, just grip the end of their tail for five seconds and they're yours."