Chapter 4

Kratika's POV

It's been few days since dinner , i am currently returning from hospital . while driving i stop at signal and see a children around age 5 begging for food , so i parked the car in corner and decided to give him some food and make my way toward him and saw there were more children and called them . " didi give me some money , i haven't eaten since morning" a child said, " of course my child bring your friend" i said . and  take them to nearby restaurant and order food for them and told them to eat as much they want , which they happily complied . 

"thank you didi" they said after eating and then i drop them at signal where i found them and told them " now, go to your home" , and left toward my home . when i reach my home " kittu come here me and your papa what to talk to you about something" maa called me ," ok maa i will be there in a minute" i replied . 

I then then went to my room to freshen up and come back thinking what they want to talk about . "so maa, what do you want to talk about " i asked her, "Kratika you know , you are 25 right and me and you father think its right time for you to get married " mom said a bit nervously but trying her best to hide it. " mom , "exactly i am only 25 i just started my career i can't get married " i whined.  " kittu you are already one of the best doctor and its not like you will not work after marriage , you don't want me to see my grand children before I die" maa said , "mom don't talk like that and ok i am ready to get married " i said thinking they will at least take 6 month to find a suitable boy ."really!" maa said expectedly , and i nodded. 

then i went to my room, start reading as i already had dinner . and start thinking what will my future husband be like , i know he will be good because my parents will choose best for me . then my chain of thoughts is breaked by my phone as its ringing,  and its my brother and i happily receive phone and said " hello,  my favorite brother how are you " , " hello kittu first of all i am your only brother and i am fine, how are you " he replied . and we talk talk about random things " when are you coming back " i asked as he was in new York from 1 month for some work . " i will be back Tomorrow " he replied " really! mahir " i asked excitedly.  and he replied positive . and after talking to him for some more time i went to sleep.

i  wake up hearing this stupid alarm ringing , i really want to throw it out of the window . and finally decide to get a bath and wear my sweatpants and tshirt which i stole from mahir bhai  for breakfast as its my off today , "good morning maa" i shouted from stairs , and get scolded in return instead of greeting and started pouting . " mahi, don't scold my poor kittu " dad said , " only dad love me " i said dramatically " . " who will believe you are a doctor , you behave like a child" a voice from behind and turn too see its mahir bhai " bhaii " i shouted and hugged him, "aww, i miss you too kittu" he said hugging me back .

" How was your trip Mahir , problem is solved right" papa asked bhai when we are having breakfast , " no business talk in dinning table " maa scold papa too which he pout and me and bhai shake our head at his antics. " bhai wanna go out together , i will ask Ahana also it's her day off today she too is free " i asked bhai ," yeah, sure why not what time" he replied casually . " in 30 minutes i will also text ahana she will be ready we will pick her up ok" i said and he just nodded . 

i was walking toward my room texting ahana about our plan then suddenly my phone ring and its from hospital that there is emergency case that i have too handle because, a bus accident also happened today so other doctors have already there hand full. and text ahana too cancel our plan . and started too get ready for hospital , on my way i called bhai too and tell him about the change and promise too hang out any other day .

after reaching there i see his condition is getting worst and he need a immediate  surgery and and tell it too his family member and told sister to ready OT . after 3 hour of surgery he is now stable , and when i see my phone and see missed calls from maa so i call back "hey maa, you called" i asked " yeah, today some special guests are coming so come early" she replied , " fine maa i will try my best" . and i checked my watch too see i have 2-3 hour in spare so ,i decided too help other with the bus accident cases and engross in work i don't see the time. and when i am done i see, that  i am late again. God please save me from her i thought and make my way home . 

when i reach its already 8:20, " i am so dead " i murmured and and ring the bell . and maa opened the door and looking very angry at me, " kittu, really you are late again when i asked you come early for the forth time in a row " she said too me angrily . " maa sorry ,it was a emergency case and then i was helping with a bus accident cases and lost the track of time " i said making puppy dog eyes, " ok this time i am forgiving you but you better be on time from now on and go, get ready" she told me and make her way inside the living room. 

hii guys,

How are you all ,

thank you for reading my book and giving it a chance .

Mahir agrawal 

(kratika's brother)