Chapter 15: Certain Warmth

Y/n's P.O.V

It had been a month since that fateful day...losing him took a toll on every single one of us. We all spilt up but not forever, they each wanted to do their part on stopping the ten commandments. While Elizabeth and I...we continued to run the Boat Hat with Hawk, to keep everyone's moral high. To...keep them happy despite what was going on. We even ran into Golgius again, making sure he was alright after finding him unconscious. "I've got an apple-ish pie for table number three, thank you so much for waiting!" Elizabeth smiled happily as she started running towards the customers, but I knew how she really felt...she locked her feelings away to stay strong. "Elizabeth has become very dependable lat-" Before Hawk could even finish speaking Elizabeth had already fallen, dropping the food on the customers. I miss these moments...if only he was here to see it. "It's okay, these things happen!" "Just do your best okay?" These customers sure do love her, she brings a light into the room...always making people smile. Our matching navy blue uniforms just add to the charm of the bar! "It's Princess Elizabeth, Lady Y/n, and that talking pig?!" I looked towards the stairs to see Golgius staring at us with a shocked look on his face, I don't blame him considering our past experience with each other. "You sound a lot better! Did you sleep well?" I began to smile at him, noticing him calming down. Throughout the whole time the bar was open, Golgius didn't utter a word till everyone finally left. "Thank you so much for saving me, I'm grateful but I should really get goi-" Golgius' stomach began to rumble, he must be hungry after being out of it for so long. "I can make some soup for you!" "You don't have to Elizabeth, I'm going to cook for him instead. You worked hard today!" I made my way to the kitchen, confused on the ingredients for soup but finally finished it. "Here's my special soup, I hope you enjoy it!" I smile as I stood beside him along with Elizabeth and Hawk close by, hoping my soup tasted good. "Thank you for the meal." Golgius spoke softly as he began to taste the soup, spitting it out seconds later. "Like Meliodas, both Elizabeth and Y/n have a knack for making things taste disgusting~" Hawk teased as I began to feel bad for the poor guy, I tried my best for the soup and it still ended up disgusting. "Y-You don't have to finish it all!" "Maybe we can offer you something else if you'd like sir?" I can tell Elizabeth was just as worried as I was, we both hated how bad we were in the kitchen. "It's fine, it just shocked me is all. I can keep it done now that I know how bad it is." Golgius really has a way with words doesn't he? I'm sure if Meliodas was here...they would get along just fine. "Let me ask you something Golgius- DON'T JUST SPIT IN MY FACE!!" Golgius spit out the soup once Hawk said his name, backing away from us. I know he was just being cautious but did he really have to spit out the soup again? "So you know who I was? I'm your enemy! Why save me?! And don't give me that nonsense about helping everyone in need!" "Just trying to help dude~" Elizabeth looked away shyly, she just wanted to help just like I do. Leaving someone behind when they need help...how can we just turn a blind eye? "As long as you're alive...you can share your suffering with others when things get rough." "Such sentimentality is ridiculous! Thanks for the food even if it was disgusting, goodbye. We probably won't meet again." Golgius spoke softly as he walked out of the Boat Hat, he must be living in darkness for so long...he can't accept the light now. Can he..? "Sister...can we go see him now?" "Of course Elizabeth.." We made sure to give Hawk some scraps before making our way to the room I share with Meliodas. He looked like Snow White...the story Zaratras told me long ago. The princess who was close to death...but woke up due to true love's kiss. "Golgius was just here...he seemed a bit troubled just like the customers were. They did their best to remain strong!" "Please Meliodas...wake up okay? Everyone is waiting for you..." I got on my knees and clung onto Meliodas, noticing how worried Elizabeth looked. A life without Meliodas by my side...I just can't bare it. "I know it's hard now but Meliodas will come back to us...to you somed-" We both heard the door to the bar open and Hawk's panicked screams, he could be in danger! "Hawk what's wrong?!" We ran back downstairs to see Hawk standing in front of a man in armor, wait...that particular armor looks very familiar. "I haven't seen you both in 10 years!" The man took off his helmet and that's when I saw it...it was Zaratras, my father. "You're...b-but how? I thought Gilthunder killed you!!" "We have so much to discuss, but...let me just hold you for a while...my flower." Zaratras held me close to him as I begun to cry, finally seeing the man that was my father and I never knew. He kept me secret for a long time...and I never understood his reasoning.