Chapter 16: The Hero Rises!!

Y/n's P.O.V

Elizabeth and I stood beside each other as Hawk's Mom began to make her way towards Liones...the ten commandments made their move and were attacking. My home...I have to protect it. "Full speed ahead mom!" Hawk shouted while my heart began to race, without Meliodas...do we really stand a chance against the ten commandments? "Father...Sisters please...be safe. All of you..." "I'm sure they'll be safe Elizabeth! But...we do need to hurry. I am worried they won't be safe for much longer...considering how strong the commandments are. "I heard rumors of evacuees leaving Liones...and turns out it was true. Strong demonic energies are there...and I'm against the idea of taking you two there." "We're still going no matter what you say!!" We can't back down now...Liones needs us, how can we abandon them? "I made a promise...that no matter what I'd keep fighting!" Even if it costs me my life...I won't stop until everyone in Liones is safe. "Just don't let your guard down around the ten commandments...they're monsters. You both can't defeat them if you attack head on.." "Don't you worry! I got the strength of 100 pigs!!" I couldn't help but laugh at Hawk's remark, it's reassuring he would do anything to keep us safe. "Thank you Ha-" I gasp as a giant red demon appeared on our side, growling loudly at us. "My flower, Princess Elizabeth you must step back!" Zaratras shouted as he pointed his sword towards the demon, but...I can't let him do all the fighting. I can protect myself and everyone else too! "Ark!!" I shout, trapping the demon in an orb of light till it burned away...I can't afford to hesitate now. "Not bad Y/n~!" "It's not over Lord Piglet, take a look up ahead!" A horde of demons we're in front of us, I don't know if I can defeat them all.. "Lady Mother Pig! Make a sharp turn...otherwise we'll get caught in a barrage!!" "You heard him, turn mom!" Watching Hawk's Mom defeat the horde of demons with just crashing into them...such unbelievable power. "Hawk what's wrong? Did you-?" I turned to look towards Elizabeth and Hawk to see that he transformed...his features were that of the red demon. "Lord Piglet! What happened to your appearance?" "If Hawk eats any living creature he transforms to look like them! Now Hawk...spit it out for me. Get ahold of yourself alright?" I carefully reached my hand out towards Hawk, hoping he could come to his senses and spit out the demon meat he ate. "I must say...when we rushed over here I wasn't expecting to find such a strange group~" I gasped the moment I heard that voice and only looking up confirmed my fear...two of the ten commandments, Monspeet and Derieri. "I should've known...I recognized your voice back in Vaizel but didn't pay attention to your looks. What in the world are you two doing here?!" "What...? I think you mistook me and Elizabeth for somebody else!" Derieri recognized me and Elizabeth...? I don't understand...the only time I met her was in Vaizel, she never saw Elizabeth at all either. "Stay away from my daughter and the princess!!" "Enough." Derieri attacked Zaratras without hesitation...are the ten commandments really this cruel? "Sir Zaratras...!" Before Derieri could even hurt him again...I used my ark to trap her hand in light, I won't let her hurt anyone anymore. "Why...? How can it be so easy for you to try and take another person's life like that?!" I shouted angrily as tears began to well up in my eyes, why do we have to fight? Why can't we just...live a normal life? "There's no question about it...both of you are back. I knew it!" Derieri shouted as she glared towards me and Elizabeth, angry that I destroyed her hand. "Stay away...from them!" Zaratras shouted weakly as he tried to stand, but he couldn't...his wounds were taking a toll on him. "I'm going to kill you first!!" Derieri shouted as her first was getting closer to my face, I closed my eyes...waiting for the impact but it never came. Suddenly a familiar warmth pulled me close...I opened my eyes and saw it. It was him...! "Derieri!!" Monspeet rushed after Derieri, probably because of the harsh impact. "Well well well~ I wake up after a really long snooze and things are lookin pretty bad! Y/n...I'm sorry I kept you waiting. Elizabeth too.." Meliodas spoke softly as I began to cry tears of joy, he finally came back...to me. "It's okay...after all, you did promise me and Elizabeth that you'd always come back to us alive. Meliodas!!" I wrapped my arms around his neck as I continued to cry, he kept his promise...he's here. I won't ever let him go...never again. Eventually Meliodas let me stand on my own, I was still smiling...it was like a dream. He truly was right here in front of me. "Meliodas! We missed you so much..." Elizabeth began to cry as she too hugged Meliodas, we both couldn't help it...our happiness was overwhelming. "Meliodas! You might find this hard to believe...but we went on a journey to see your past self. We saw that you've been watching over us...since we were little and not it all makes sense to me. Everytime I looked at you I felt so sentimental with such compassion in my heart! Thank you for everything Meliodas...and welcome home. But are you sure you're okay?" I looked towards the scars on his chest, what if...they still caused him pain? "I'm all back to normal now! Wanna check for a heart beat~?" Meliodas teased as he gently grabbed my hand and put it on his chest, making a light blush appear on my cheeks...usually I would've punched him away. This time...I just couldn't bring myself to do that, he's here. "I missed looking at you in this uniform~ I see you're wearing white panties today! But don't get the wrong idea okay Y/n~? I'm just doing a wardrobe check!" I immediately pulled Meliodas close to me, not caring his face was between my breasts. "Please touch me more..." I mutter softly as I began to smile, but once I noticed how lewd that sounded I let him go...I was so flustered. And wait...is he blushing? "I didn't mean that in a weird way Meliodas! I just meant the warmth of your skin made me so happy...oh man, I can't believe I just-!" I squealed in embarrassment, both Zaratras and Elizabeth looked towards us with a smile on their faces. However Elizabeth's...looks pained. I really do need to have a chat with her about it one day.. "Sup Zaratras! I didn't think we'd ever meet again on this world." "I was thinking the same thing about you! You're still a monster in battle huh?" Hawk began to bring Meliodas' sword again, but then...in the blink of an eye Derieri rushed towards us, punching Hawk's Mom. "Lady Mother Pig!!" "We can't stay here!" Meliodas quickly grabbed me and Elizabeth, making sure we were safely on the ground. "Hawk no!" I gasped as I saw Hawk flying towards Derieri, but that's when Meliodas quickly threw her to the ground. "Traitorous bastard!!" "If at all possible I'd rather not kill you." Meliodas spoke calmly as he kept dodging Derieri's attacks with ease, I can't stand back...I should be helping. "Ash Dragon!!" Monspeet was flying above the two, launching his attack at them both. "Meliodas...!!" "Not killing you both...that's what the old me would've done. Now...FULL COUNTER!!" Meliodas smirked as he countered Monspeet's attack, the moment it vanished...so did Derieri and Monspeet. "Meliodas...are you alright?" "I'm fine~ I'm gonna go on ahead to Liones okay?" Meliodas really planned to keep us away...no, I can't let that happen. "I'm coming too! I refuse to let you go alone!!" Losing Meliodas in Vaizel...haunted me. Everytime I closed my eyes I saw the blades piercing his hearts...I refuse to let something like that happen again. "Y/n I'll take you but don't interfere if I'm fighting a commandment okay? Gotta make sure you're safe~!" I started to blush as Meliodas pulled me close to him, we began flying towards Liones...together.

TIMESKIP

Once we reached Liones, in the distance we saw Fraudrin...it looked like it was talking to someone. "No matter what...stay away from that damned demon." Meliodas spoke firmly as he rushed towards the demon, I got closer but no enough so that it would see me. What's did that demon do...to make Meliodas so angry?
"Oh so it's you~ I'll crush you and everyone like insects!!" I gasped softly once I noticed Fraudrin noticed my presence...but it wasn't just me here, Hendrickson, Dreyfus, Griamore, Veronica, Howzer, Merlin, and...Ban. "What is that?!" Howzer shouted as gusts of wind were hitting Fraudrin so fast...but I knew it was Meliodas, his attacks were too quick for Fraudrin to do anything. "Meliodas!! Why aren't you dead?!" Fraudrin shouted angrily as he was no longer focused on me...he was focused on Meliodas. "It looks like the captain found his way back~" "Captain~" Merlin and Ban looked so happy to see Meliodas again...I'm sure he's happy as well seeing his friends again. "Let's pick up where we left off in Danafor 16 years ago~" Fraudrin mentioned Danafor...how does he know of that place? The kingdom where Meliodas lived with N/n and Liz... "Not bad~ You held your own against my clone." Meliodas spoke calmly as he stood on front of Fraudrin, the clone with marks all over his body...vanished. "The sacred treasure Lostvayne's special ability is called Physical Clone. With that the Captain's current power level is 60,000~" Merlin spoke with an amused look on her face, so Meliodas must be incredibly strong...I'm sure he can take Fraudrin down. "Seeing your face go from hopeful to despair...nothing will make me happier~" Meliodas' tone sounded dark, almost evil like...and his face has that demonic symbol. "Meliodas changed..." I mutter softly as I slowly take a step forward but was held back by Ban, he looked worried. "You shouldn't be around the captain right now, give him space.." Ban spoke firmly as he couldn't take his eyes away from Meliodas, but...the symbol on his forehead is different from before. His demonic energy...is getting stronger. Is that...really Meliodas?