Chapter 8: Where Love Is Found

Y/n's P.O.V
I stared at Meliodas who stood before me...crying. What did he witness in that trial that hurt him this much...?
"Hey Y/n~ What's all this crying about?" Meliodas smiled cheerfully as he walked towards me...why would he smile even when he's in pain?
"I saw you crying and I couldn't help it you idiot...!" I started to wipe my tears away and gasped in shock when Meliodas quickly wiped his tears away as well.
"I don't know what you're talking about~" Meliodas chuckled as he hugged me close to him, not caring Zaneri and Elizabeth were here watching us.
"Meliodas! If you overcame that trial does that mean...you really abandoned your emotions!?"
"Everything that's important to me is right here~"
Seeing that Meliodas hasn't changed made me happy but...I knew deep down he changed in a different way that I couldn't even begin to understand.
"I see...well Elizabeth and Y/n stay here and get changed." Zaneri walked over to us and handed us new outfits. I stayed quiet as she walked outside with Meliodas...she must really love him.
"Y/n...no, sister do you think Sir Meliodas will be disappointed in me? I failed my trial but...you passed yours." Elizabeth muttered softly as we both finished changing into our clothes. Meliodas' approval must mean a lot to her...
"Of course not! Meliodas isn't the type to be disappointed in something as silly as that. He is an idiot but he'll be proud you did your best!" I blurt out then soon begin to smile...she doesn't believe in herself but I do. I can't let her give up so easily...
"Thank you sister..." Elizabeth began to smile and seconds later a gust of wind burst into the cave we were in...I could feel a strong demonic energy. This is Meliodas' full power...
"Sister wait...!" Elizabeth shouted as I ran outside to see darkness being absorbed into Meliodas.
"Meliodas...!!" When it vanished I immediately jumped into his arms and held him close to me.
"What's the matter Y/n~?" Meliodas chuckled as he gently patted my head in an attempt to calm me...
"I don't know...seeing you like that sparked a weird feeling inside me. It was as if...I wanted to save you." My words seemed to affect Meliodas more than I realized...what does it mean to him?
"Merlin send me to the ten commandments~ I will give them a little greeting~!"
"Meliodas are you insane? This isn't the time to be joking around!"
Why would he willingly want to go to the ten commandments...? What if he gets hurt...?
"I'll be fine Y/n~"
"You will have one minute till you can return captain."
Meliodas let me go but before Merlin can teleport him away...I jumped into his arms once again at the last moment. I could hear the others screaming my name...
"Y/n! Why did you-?"
"So there you are big brother!"
Meliodas held me close to him as the ten commandments stood before us...I could feel their murderous intent.
"It's been a long time Zeldris~!" Despite Meliodas being so calm...I knew he was worried about me.
"Oh it's that woman I told you guys about~ It's her right~?" Galand chuckled as he looked towards me and that's when Meliodas' grip on me tightened.
"What are you talking about?!" I suddenly shouted in frustration, why do they keep saying her.
"Y/n no matter what don't leave my side okay?" Meliodas muttered softly and glared angrily at Galand who jumped off the cliff he was on and stood close to us. His murderous intent had me shaking in fear...
"Meliodas and this woman are my prey~" Galand chuckled but before he can even hit us...Meliodas punched his face. He was sent flying!
"Let's talk Zeldris~"
"We have nothing to talk about you traitorous bastard!"
Zeldris seemed so mad at Meliodas...how can brothers hate each other this much?
"This isn't a talk~ It's a warning~!" Meliodas held me close and we suddenly vanished...we appeared back to the others in Istar.
"Sister...what were you thinking? I was so worried about you!" Elizabeth shouted with tears falling from her eyes as she hugged me. I realized that I didn't think about their feelings at all...I was so focused on wanting to be with Meliodas to protect him.
"I'm sorry Elizabeth...I won't do it again." I smiled as I patted her back as she continued to cry...guilt filled my heart.
"Meliodas I-!"
"What's the matter Zaneri~?"
I looked over at them and saw a blush coating Zaneri's cheeks. As I thought...she really does love him. When I snapped out of my thoughts I looked towards Meliodas and saw him looking at me.
"Something wrong Y/n~?" Meliodas walked away from Zaneri and towards me. Elizabeth had backed away to give us space..
"It's just...if everything keeps going at this rate...I won't get stronger. I can't protect you like you do for me Meliodas..." I mutter softly with a sad look on my face...maybe he would be better off with Zaneri or something.
"You and Elizabeth saved all of us during the battle of Liones and that's a fact~ So what if you mess up sometimes~? I lost count on how much times I couldn't keep my own wrath under control~!" Meliodas smiled cheerfully and seeing that smile of his warmed my heart...it gave me hope.
"Right! Meliodas you are always by my side, and so...I won't complain again~!" I couldn't stop smiling as I held onto his warm hands...he made me a better person.
"See ya guys~!" Meliodas waved at the druids as they opened a portal for us to leave. We soon walked through it...not knowing what our journey will hold.

Third Person's P.O.V
Zaneri and Jenna stood beside each other as they watched everyone leave Istar to continue their journey.
"So I've been wondering~ The trial you gave Y/n and Elizabeth...you left the seed out purposely for Elizabeth didn't you? I'm sure I sensed the magical power of a druid emanating from her and of course Y/n as well. So why did you do it?! Hold on...do you still have feelings for hi-?!"
"That's not it...!"
Zaneri cut her sister off as tears began to drip down her cheeks. Seeing Meliodas together with Y/n...it hurt her immensely.
"I already know that Meliodas would never think of me that way...he is the kindest most sincere man I ever met! That's why I wanted Elizabeth to stay away from him...she would affect his relationship with Y/n. I want to hate Y/n but...she is too kind! If anything happens to her especially...Meliodas will once again...this is too much! It's more than I can take!! You know exactly what I'm talking about...!" Zaneri couldn't stop herself from crying...she loved Meliodas dearly and that is why she let him go.
"Zaneri..."
"Why would he protect them both...? There is only one reason...it's because Elizabeth is Liz's reincarnation! And Y/n is...N/n's reincarnation!!" Zaneri recalled the feeling she had as she looked into Elizabeth and Y/n's eyes...she saw Liz and N/n through them! A past life long forgotten...