4.

And that's how she found herself sitting in front of a bald black man with an eye patch who assessed her with a calculating glint in his eyes.

"You're a hard person to catch Salvo. Every agent we sent after you came back dead, you've managed to traumatize half my organization, you have 124 known kill counts and you've singlehandedly escaped our clutches for 12 whole years. Honestly if you weren't playing for the opposing team I'd be impressed but right now with you in front of me I'm just pissed", spoke the man.

She stared at him blankly. Emotions we're not her thing. It had been way to long since she had been allowed to feel anything.
Wake up- report- kill- repeat.
That was her life summed up in 5 words and she didn't know anything outside it.
She also noticed that all her soulmarks now tingled.
' They must be around I guess ', a stray thought entered her brain.

Comply - Death- 0119

Soon her mind was blank. She stared again.

"Won't talk? Well let's see how you like your cell. "

He dragged her to a small cell with a glass front and bare surroundings and strapped on a shock collar around her neck. Well at least this was familiar. The man whose name she now knew to be Nick Fury gave her a last dirty glance and walked away. She looked around for any escapes not surprised to not find any. Well she had to at least find a way to kill herself. She belated herself once more for not running when she had the chance. Well if she didn't kill herself or SHIELD didn't, HYDRA was sure to do it. How she loved her life-note the sarcasm.

She had just closed her eyes when suddenly all her seven soulmarks flared up at once and she looked up. Standing there we're the avengers- well most of them. She knew who they were, of course she did. She had read their files. In the corner clothed in a three piece suit was Tony Stark, the billionaire or more commonly known to the civilians as Iron Man. Beside him was a big dude with seriously great hair and droolworthy muscles was Thor. She could also see a boy with white hair and an ever present smirk - that must be one of the twins she had heard about- Pietro Maximoff if memory served her correct.Also standing with crossed arms was a black man - was he the one with the bird costume? The others she had met including Captain America, Black Widow, Hawkeye and of course the Winter Soldier.How she wanted to strangle him. Without him she would not be here.

"Well hello there princessa - some acknowledgment would be nice", spoke up the Maximoff with a smirk. It. Was. Annoying.
Wait did she just feel an EMOTION?

Comply - Death- 0119.

She leaned back ignoring him.

Comply or die. Comply or die. Comply or die.
You belong to HYDRA.
We own you.
Comply or die.
Everyone is your mission. They're your mission.
Mission. Mission. Mission.

The silence irritated them. She could see their rising impatience.
" Why did you try to kill Barnes? " questioned the redhead.
She didn't reply.
"He's your soulmate. You know it, I know it -why would you try to do something like that", asked patriotic flag softly.

Soulmate. There was that word she actively tried to avoid.
Soulmate. Soulmate. Soulmate.

"Papa will I ever meet my soulmate? Will they like me? "
"Of course you will butterfly"
"But I'm me, what if they don't like me? "
"Well then they're idiots and you're better off without them. You're a very special girl Ree, they'll love you "

She jerked back as her eyes widened a fraction. The redhead caught it she was sure of it but didn't
Who was the man? Who was the girl? What was the dream?

Comply - Death- 0119.

Her gaze blanked and mind cleared. She tuned into them again.
"-to know is why", finished Robin Hood.

Finally she looked up and replied in a robotic voice , " He's my mission. "

The effect was instantaneous. The two super soldiers froze and exchanged looks of panic. The soldier's eyes widened and landed on her, this time an unknown emotion gracing them. Come to think of it everyone stared similarly. She had no idea what the words had triggered nor did she care. She leaned back again.

Comply - Death- 0119.

They silently left after that. Not that she paid any attention and dozed off.