7.

So that was how she found herself in a fancy high-rise building with security wherever her eyes wandered and a group of smiling superheroes at the gate. Their gaze followed her every move, smile growing bigger with each step she took.

"I know I'm loads more attractive than any of you oafs but that smile is getting creepy"
As soon as the words left her mouth her eyes widened. Since when had she begun speaking out of turn or context. They had been trained to be silent and observant individuals and speaking out of turn was highly unusual for her.

Simultaneously their eyes widened and Robin Hood and the redhead let out a snicker. The blond dorito groaned muttering something along the lines of 'another Tony' and the smirking twin - well he smirked. Honestly, did he know any other expression?

"We're glad you're here", the blond man softly told her.
"It's not like I had a choice dorito", she retorted before brushing past him, ignoring the tingles that erupted from the contact.

Snickers followed her as she entered what looked like a identical white cell as the one in SHIELD. This though looked more expensive and 007 was honestly scared to touch any of it.
Being around the ragtag group made her feel emotions she hadn't in a long time. They sparked a fire in her which she believed had been drowned years ago. It made her feel alive, and Salvo was not ready to let that feeling go yet. 

"Well, this is where you'll be staying until we figure out the next step. Someone will bring you food in necessary time intervals
....... and please refrain from killing someone? Yeah. That's it I guess. Get some sleep and we'll see you tomorrow. ", Stark told her before they all started towards the exit. But she couldn't let them go, not when a question had been eating up her brain since the moment she saw them.

"Wait", she called them back.

They turned around and looked back at her curiously.

"I just, I don't understand ", she pulled her hair on one side and for the first time the superheroes saw another emotion in her perpetual cold, dead gaze. Confusion.

"What don't you understand sweetheart? "

"Why? Why are you doing this? Just reject me and kick me out already. I know the soulmark won't make torturing me any easier for you.  So reject me and interrogate me. Throw me to the bald pirate. Why would you waste your time? I just don't understand. "

The avengers appeared to stand frozen at her outburst. She didn't blame them. Talking was truly out of character for her. Inquiring? Questioning? She was lucky to not have a bullet hole in her forehead. She readied herself for their annoyed glares and angry gazes but looking up she found none of it. Instead most had a glossy sheen or sad looks in their eyes. Her confusion just managed to up a notch.

Taking in a heavy breath Robin Hood began, "We..... we aren't going to reject you sweetheart. We aren't going to torture you nor are we going to force you. We're your soulmates. We're here for you when you'd like to talk and open up. Or when you're injured and need someone to heal you. When you're scared and want someone to hold your hand or when you need a shoulder to cry on. We'll be your family if you let us. "

Salvo's bewildered expression met their eyes filled with promises and sincerity.
But it couldn't be.

Promises are false. They're lying. Everyone lies. They'll use you. They're manipulating you.

But despite these voices Salvo couldn't help but hope.