15.

Lunch was an ...interesting affair.

In the three weeks since she had met her soulmates, Rhea hadn't had lunch with all her soulmates, together. The first week she had been held captive in a cell. The next two weeks, she often forgot to take her lunch on time and someone would fetch her something to eat sometime later when most had already finished with their lunch. So today being one of her first 'family' lunches , she was excited. But this was definitely not what she was expecting.

Sam and Bucky were bickering about their....Hogwarts House? The fuck was that? Tony was bragging about his new suit to a distracted Bruce who was smiling at his phone. Thor was putting as many poptarts as he could into his mouth to see how many he could swallow at once.

Pietro was having a bloody race with Peter to compare who could eat faster. She had never, ever imagined how gross it would be to watch someone's food get webbed to different parts of the ceiling and his mouth and she wanted to forget that she'd ever seen it.

Oh yeah, the kid was Spiderman apparently. No, he didn't tell her - he was just horrible at keeping secrets.
Also the fact that he whispered (terribly loudly mind you) to "Mr Stark" about the lady he shared a churro with on his daily patrol of the neighbourhood, was a dead giveaway.

Clint,  well Clint was an interesting one. He was tiredly speaking into his phone while one of his hands massaged his tired brows.

"No Kate, you cannot break into a supermarket and steal a replacement for the part", well that was interesting.

"Well, I don't care if your Uncle Jack hasn't unblocked your credit card yet", she could see Natasha casting an amused glance at her partner. This was Kate Bishop? Clint's trainee? Well damn.

"Leave my arrows out of it Kate", he stressed growing more tense.

"Kate, Lucky cannot eat pizza for the rest of his life. For God's sake buy some dog food for once. Like a normal person. Do you know what those are?"

"No. No. Do not hang up on me. Kate. Kate. KATE."

He removed the device from his ears, looked straight at Nat and said," I'm not going to get her bailed if she gets arrested again."

Nat snorted.

Natasha, Wanda and Steve were probably the least chaotic of the bunch. Well Vision was too but since the synthezoid couldn't technically eat she didn't know if she should include him. Would it seem offensive?

The atmostphere was different than what she was used to. It was messy, cluttered and loud and Rhea loved it. It was all she ever wanted. A little bit of normal amidst the chaos of the world.

She knew it wasn't the end. She knew they would come for her and kill her the first chance they got. But as for now, she'd soak in the lazy afternoons and unspoken love. After all, it would help her survive the upcoming storm.

"So, what's a Hogwarts House?", she asked excitedly wanting to be a part of the conversation.

The effect was immediate. Forks clattered and mouths hung open. Bruce was the only one who rolled his eyes at their antics. Someone was wailing on the floor, she didn't bother to see who. Really? Was it that big a deal?

Peter hurriedly inhaled the rest of his spaghetti ( which was gross mind you) and rapidly spoke," HOGWARTS HOUSES. HARRY POTTER . IT'S-", someone stuffed a piece of bread in his mouth.

Rhea was thankful. The noise was giving her a headache.

"We absolutely have to introduce you to Harry Potter. It's a crime in this place to not know it and we can't allow that, can we sweetheart", Tony told her.

Playfully rolling her eyes at their dramatics she snickered sharing a look with Steve and Natasha.

"Fine. I'm up for it I guess", she said after a beat.

"Me preferably? I'd advise you to read the book. It's much better", Natasha told her while Steve,  Bucky, Clint and Peter nodded along .

The others however groaned something along the lines of 'books and reading ugh' . Rhea ignored them and smiled at Nat. "Sure, can I borrow yours?"

"You don't need to. There's a library here"

"-which these bunch have never seen I'm assuming?", Rhea said observing their faces.

"You'd be correct", Bruce agreed.

"Hey! Don't speak like we're not here", Pietro cut in.

They laughed.

______________

So let me know how you guys feel about my story!! Honestly I never expected such a positive reaction based on the fact that I wrote the first chapter while I was half asleep at 4 am. I had this huge test the next day which I knew nothing about and so I went like 'hey, let's write a book'

To be fair you and me, we find out what'll happen in the next chapter at the same time. I don't really have a definite plot in mind so I'm just building it up at this point. Let me know if you have any suggestions.

Bye my bunnies <3