9.

Waking up to an annoying beep was nothing new to her. She had put up with them after especially hard training sessions, good fights or just in general when not fed over a long period of time.
It was familiar, therefore she told herself not to panic. What finally did end up causing her panic were the unfamiliar surroundings and a white haired boy sleeping in the armchair near her.
Before she could squeak out a surprised yelp she stuffed her hand in her mouth before quickly realizing her mistake when she she the IV poking out of her vein.

Slowly the events came back to her.
The failed mission - winter soldier - countless soulmates -assurances - threats -leaving -food -headaches - slap - anger, and then she fainted somewhere in between. She relaxed back into her bed. What was even the point of trying to escape? She knew Stark had unbelievable defences at every door and whatever punishment they gave couldn't be worse than what HYDRA would do to her.

The worst part was, they wouldn't kill her. They'd torture her slowly but surely to make her wish she we're dead. She couldn't bear to go through that again. She couldn't -wouldn't go bavk to being imprisoned in smelly cellars and living off half cooked meat.

Salvo looked up when she heard the sound of the door opening. Thor walked in quietly with a comb in his hand, desperately trying to untangle his hair. The scene was humourous to say the least. A six foot some inches God fighting with his comb over his hair. To be fair his hair was gorgeous and she wasn't shy to admit that she was jealous. Thor didn't notice she was awake and covered the white haired smartass with a thin blanket with his free hand.  When he finally looked at her, he let out a tiny but loud screech which thankfully didn't wake up the speedster but definitely resulted in a small amused laugh from her.

Thor forgot all about his previous embarrassment on seeing her laugh but quickly came forward,
"How are you? Does anything hurt? I don't know much about medicine for I have treated only minor war wounds from my battles but Bruce knows more than me. Shall I get him? "

Salvo shook her head. "It's fine Thor, no need to panic. I feel perfectly fine. ", and it was true. She did feel fine apart from some soreness and a few aches, and her head-but it was nothing compared to what she felt earlier. Also, she felt this strange lightness in her chest and her head as if it felt a bit clearer.
"Thor", she looked up, "what happened? "

At this the God met her eyes again.
"I don't know. You just fainted in my arms but Bucky said it's normal". As soon as he said this his eyes widened and Salvo concluded that he was not supposed to share the second piece of information. No matter, she'd get it out of him.

"Normal? Normal how? What was wrong before? ", she questioned frantically.

"Lady Aphrodite! Aphrodite, it's fine - we'll explain everything later but now you must rest. I promise we'll tell you everything once you're better, for now I need to tell the others you're awake, they've been really worried. " she calmed down under his touch which was foreign but so warm at the same time. She had never known a touch to be so comfortable, at least not from what she could remember. She slowly found herself dozing off  when she felt a pair of warm lips kissing her forehead before murmuring something and she heard the door click shut. Following the soft snores from Pietro she matched them with hers unconsciously as she drifted off once again not ready for what was about to come.

~

Hey! Sorry for the late update (I had some stupid exams,  bleh!)
But as a consolation I come bearing gifts!!
2 UPDATES!!!

Consider it an early Christmas gift.

Oh and I WATCHED NO WAY HOME AND NOTHING'S GONNA BE THE SAME EVER AGAIN.... ZJSJSBHSHSBSJNSHWL
💃💃💃

Also this is a strictly NO. SPOILER. ZONE.

If anyone does wanna hype about it (cause I certainly do) text me!!

~~