24.

Rhea would deny if asked but waking up with hot breath tickling her neck and two muscular arms surrounding her petite body had freaked her out for the first few seconds. After coming to the realization about why she ended up in that position, she blushed scarlet for the next few seconds.

Now she was standing underneath the showerhead after having abandoned her metal-armed soulmate who had completely ravished her last night on her very bed. What? She might be a confident fucking assassin but she didn't know how to deal with situations like these.

Rhea wouldn't deny that she never liked confrontations and this was no exception. She just hoped that Bucky would take a clue and leave her room before she finished her shower. Mhm, the temperature of the water was just right. Maybe she could take another few minutes. She massaged her scalp with her fingers while lathering it with some more shampoo. She still needed to think about how she would face the rest about last day.

They obviously hadn't left on a good note and although Bucky had explained why Tony did what he did, she still couldn't get rid of the lingering bitterness of the thousand insecurities that had washed over her by his words. That was when she made up her mind. She needed them, she knew that- but that wouldn't mean that they could walk all over her. If they wanted forgiveness- hell, she hoped they wanted forgiveness, otherwise her plan was going to shit.

Opening the door to her room Rhea entered her room, letting the cool breeze wash over her damp body. She quickly dressed in a pair of mom-jeans and a ratty t-shirt. Should she leave the room? Could she face them?

Her thoughts were interrupted by an abrupt knock on her door. Was it one of them? She still wasn't sure whether she could face them.

"Miss Rhea?",came a teen voice through the door. What was Peter doing here?
"Can I come in? I have cookies."

She unlocked the door and the teenager walked in with a giddy smile. Rhea was kinda glad that she had an excuse to not leave the room. The teenager plopped down in the middle of the bed and offered her the tray of cookies. Mhm, was Wanda baking again?

"So? What are you doing here out of all places?"

"Well, everyone is freaked out and are running around. I needed to get out of there or I'd be roped into the mess. I prefer to stay out. Ned called me to say that-"

Rhea looked at him with wide eyes,"Wait, freaked out? Did something happen? Do I need to-"

"Oh no no. Nothing like that. I think it was just. I'm not not supposed to say anything", Peter mumbled the last part.

She narrowed her eyes for a few seconds and Peter shifted in his place. "Fine. Keep your secrets kid. Now, what were you saying about Ned?"

"Oh yeah. Ned's grandma got him into a ballet group. He wanted me to join him. I of course refused- I don't have time for ballet on top of my spidey duties. May said I could sleepover tonight but I had to stay home on weekends- So I'm still kinda on the fence about that one. Mr Stark was talking about getting me into an advanced program so I could graduate early but I told him not to. I wanna graduate with my friends you know? And I'm going to the library with MJ tomorrow afternoon-", he blushed at the words,"So I-"

Rhea looked at him with a teasing smile,"So...MJ?"

Peter blushed harder.
"Yeah, we have been friends for a long time and since we only get our soulmate marks when both have turned Seventeen, so we found out a few weeks ago. We have both been freaking out -well I have, I don't think anything freaks MJ out really- and this is the first time we're going to hang out without Ned after my birthday."

"So it's a library not-date?", Rhea teased.

"Yeah. I think yeah, something like that."
Rhea had no idea that someone could blush that hard and not spontaneously combust.

The door burst open right then and in barged a furious Kate and she was covered in- flour?
"I told Clint I didn't want to be in the middle of whatever mess they have got going on but he promised me trick arrows which I now doubt he'll give me anyway-"

"I was just here for the snacks. Natasha tried to rope me into whatever disaster they're cooking. What a girl would do for a peaceful day here", an accented voice followed the furious one.

"Wait. I'm confused. My bedroom is definitely not the common room", Rhea spoke up defensively.

"Oh hey, psycho girl", the accented voice repeated and Rhea's eyes narrowed.

"Who are you?"

"Oh. I'm sorry, where are my manners? Just kidding, I don't have any. I'm Yelena Belova, Natasha's little sister", Yelena said with a smirk.

"So you're the reason Jarvis warned me to never touch a Mac and cheese box in the pantry", Rhea realized.

"Never do", Yelena warned with a serious face," I'll be very angry otherwise. And angry me is not a good me."

"So back to my first question. What are you all even doing her- Kate get out of my wardrobe"

"But you have such pretty clothes", Kate's pouting voice came out of the double doors.

Rhea was ready to throw herself of Hogwart's Astronomy Tower.

She shared a look with Peter before they both made a mad dash for the door.

_______________

I'm not very happy with how this chapter turned out. It's kinda a filler chapter basically.

However, I'll wear my big girl panties and take whatever critics you can throw at me. Do you wanna see something specific?

VOTE
COMMENT
FOLLOW
SHARE

I promise I'll come up with a better chapter next time. I'm just stressed about my exams.

Sorry bunnies 🐰 😔