chapter seventeen; "well fuck"

for what seemed like hours had passed. you and Mingi were sat in the cave hidden away from the ruckus. the sun began to set outside the cave, extracting any light you had left.

Mingi had moved at sat at one side of the cave, soon after, you followed in suit. sitting by the boy he wrapped one protective arm around you.

thoughts of today events flooded your mind. a princess? they tried to kill me, and they were outside fighting the ones you love.

who is this prince?

your mind washed by clouding thoughts was pulled back into reality.

"Y/N" said the boy

"yes Mingi?"

you say the thoughts in the boys eyes knowing that he had a few questions in mind.

"do you..." he contemplated "have feelings for any of the boys?" he paused "i just, see you around Wooyoung, San and Seonghwa a lot and the energy is just..." he trailed off

you contemplated. you knew that you felt something for all but you never wanted to admit it.

you thought about Wooyoung, looking down at the bracelet he once got you, and his jacket still upon your shoulders from this morning, almost at though he was there holding you, the boy who was so kind, caring and happy. He was a goofball and you loved that about him. from the gleeful banter to the soft night cuddles on the birds nest away from the world like it was only the two of you.

you thought about Seonghwa, so protective but so caring. the first day you met him he held you up to feed you, knowing you were fully capable of feeding yourself. every morning spent with him cooking and laughing. The tickle fights that left you inches apart from one another's face. Seonghwa felt like the home you've never had.

and then, there's San. the electricity you felt with him was undeniably addictive. he was strong and calculated but also a sweetheart. the way he held you that day after the execution felt like no one could touch you. you reflected on the fear you felt for the boy when he had gotten shot. though, the thing about San was that he was mysterious, no one knew his past and he has never opened up, he had a dark side, one of pain and suffering. he felt as though you knew him of old, but he was too much of a mystery.

"I'm not sure how to answer that Mingi." you said "I know that I feel for them all, but it's complicated." you held your head low.

"Y/N look at me." Mingi said in a soft voice "it's normal to have feelings for more that one person, that's just human nature. don't feel ashamed for the way you feel about them, but, they are my family, try not to lead them on." he smiled "you're my family too Y/N, never forget that."

family.

you smiled at Mingi's sweet words. a thought crossed your mind followed with furrowed brows.

"Mingi." you questioned

"yes my little pirate?" he asked

"the scars." you started "The scars on yours and Hongjoong's backs, may i ask were they are from?"

"it was from our fathers." a darkness swept over his voice

"Hongjoong told me that, but he never said why they did that." you continued

"ah, i see." he paused "well as you know, Hongjoong and I were the sons of well known pirates."

you nodded

"having the legacy that they had, they expected much from us. Hongjoong and I had grown up together and at the age of 14 the pair of us began to form our own opinions on what the pirate life should be. our fathers were ruthless, killing friends and foe, stealing from the poor and hurting the innocent." he growled "Hongjoong and I however did not agree with the ways of our father and we began to challenge them, speaking out against the monsters that they were... obviously our fathers didn't like this and each day we spoke out they would whip us with large leather whips as punishment." Mingi answered

"Mingi i'm so sorry" you paused, pondering. "how did you escape and make the treasure crew?" you then asked

Mingi's face grew dark and his shoulders slumped. "one time, our fathers and their crew settled onto an island for two months, to mend the ship and revive recourses." he paused "Hongjoong and I we-" he sniffled. you held his hand in support "we met two beautiful women, and the two months we were there... well, we fell in love with them." he stopped "she was so beautiful." he cried

"Mingi you don't need to continue", you said stoking hair away from his face

"the day our father and the crew decided to leave, Homgjoong and I protested against our father, we wanted to stay with the women we fell in love with, but, in an uproar our fathers they-" he cried "they killed her, and they killed Hongjoong's lover too. So, out of revenge we fought. Hongjoong and I killed our fathers and we ran away, creating the treasure crew." he finished. I single tear following his last words.

you sat there understanding Mingi's pain. placing your head on his shoulder you rested there for a minute. slowly your eyes began to fall and the blackness of sleep engulfed you.

"check in here." growled an unknown voice startling you from you slumber.

"Mingi wake up" you whispered shaking the boy "wake up please" you cried

"what's happening?" Mingi said groggily

"someone is outside." you whispered in fear

footsteps sounded out the cave and unfamiliar vile chuckles sounded.

"well fuck." Mingi whispered jumping to his feet, musket at the ready.

soon after a canister was thrown into the gave, releasing red smoke.

"Mingi, what's that?" you asked in fear

"Y/N cover your nose and mouth!" he feared

you did as you were told but the chemical floating around still entered your lungs, soon you began to feel drowsy and fell over, in turn, Mingi who was fighting the effects fell too. your vision blurred and the red smoke began to lift. right before you fell back into the darkness of sleep, three large figures entered the cave. one lifted you onto their shoulder starting to walk out. before you could see the world outside, you were met with the black sheet of unconsciousness.

-

opening your eyes you peered at the crystal blue ocean. the sun gleamed over the high mountains. the goddess, still dressed in an ocean green, stood there and smiled.

"child" the goddess spoke "fear not, my son has met no harm. find ease in this truth."

you nodded at the goddess, she was beautiful.

"which of them is your son?" you asked her

"you will know in time." he softly smiled "now, arise, for you must escape."

startled you woke as though someone pulled you out of the trance like sleep the chemical smoke had placed on you. looking around you found yourself in an underground jail cell, the dirt coving the floor. in a panic you searched. empty. it was just you, no Mingi.

"Mingi!" you called

"shhhh Y/N i'm here." called a voice from far away in the dungeon room. at least you weren't alone.

"oh thank god." exclaimed "where are we?" you whispered

"i don't know." he paused "but we are on land, these people aren't pirates." he replied 

"i'll try and break out of here with my 'powers'" you said.

holding the bars of the cell you felt the energy rush through you, as you began to rip the bars, a burning sensation came to your neck creating great welts.

lying gracefully on you collar bones was an identical necklace to the one before.

they found you

i really enjoyed writing this chapter! i hope you are all enjoying the book xx