chapter one; amnesia

- amnesia -
/amˈniːzɪə/
noun;
a partial or total loss of memory

The heat radiated off the scorching speckles of granulated sand. The sun gleamed onto your face as though attempting to creat a hole. The sound of the waves crashed onto the shore while birds flew high a above you across the baby blue sky. Contentment washed over you as you peacefully laid on the open plain of the bay.

where am i?

You shielded your eyes from the burning sun. As you looked around it seemed as though you were on a minuscule island surrounded by the wide open sea.

how did i get here?

As you searched with your eyes for more clues, your view fell onto your lap, upon your ragged shorts was a necklace. On the thin golden chain was seashell plated gold and in the centre of the opening of the shell was a blue crystal glimmering in the sun light. You clipped the delicate jewellery around your neck and tucked it in behind your tainted tunic shirt to keep it safe.

who gave this to me?

It was as if a hazy fog was clouding your memory. You stood up from the sand and as you motioned your body up, you feel straight back down as though you were pulled back. A wave of dizziness clouded your thinking. I must be dehydrated. You carefully picked yourself back up from the sand again and began to walk towards the trees on the island. The trees were flowing in the wind ever so slightly and they created a dense forrest. You need to find fresh water. You started to search for water through the forrest, it was a calming walk, nothing troubled you and small woodland creatures scuttled around in the bushes of the islands forrest. If there is animals surviving on this small island, there must be a fresh water supply somewhere. As you walk further into the forrest, you heard the sound of running water. A river! you followed the sound and finally reached the small body of water. You cupped you're hands and drank, you splashed your face and felt relief as the cold calmed down your heated body. You felt refreshed as though water instantly cured a disease that was hidden inside you. You made your way back to the shore, counting your steps and making a mental note to where there river laid. As you saw the view of the ocean, you sat down under the shade of trees and took in your surrounding. The beautiful waves rippled onto the sad, the birds played in the air and the smell of the sea calmed you. It was peaceful on this island, almost as though nothing bad could touch you, as if there was no evil in the world. The calming aura of the island made your eyes drop slightly, a tiring haze flooded through your mind.

maybe if i just sleep for a little bit.

You laid your head on a soft piece of grass and felt your eyes fall. soon enough, the depths of the unconscious mind consumed you.

"I cant believe you blew a hole in the ship because you 'slipped' on the canons"

"he pushed me!"

voices. i hear voices. i'm not alone.

You lifted your head and opened your eyes, a colossal ship was beached on the sandy shore and a cluster of men stood around it looking at a gaping hole that seemed to be blown into the right bottom bow of the ship. They seemed unaware of your presence, you needed their help to get of this island that you woke up on.

but what if they hurt me?

You hid behind a bush while observing the men, two of the men broke off from the group.

"Captain, Wooyoung and I are going to search the island!" yelled the man with a brown and blue mullet like hair style. The other man who must have been named Wooyoung followed suit and ran together toward the forrest you hid in. You had to get away. You stood up and tried to run, but due to the lack of food in your system, another wave of dizziness overcame you and you fell back to the ground with a crash.

"Hey! You!" yelled the double dyed haired man. You looked up at the man who had his index finger pointed to you. "Captain! There's a girl over here!" the man looked back at you, "what's your name?" he asked.

"I'm-"

who am i?

the amnesia.

"i don't know" you say

"what do you mean you don't know?" asked the man named Wooyoung.

"I have amnesia. I don't remember my name." you say. "Are you going to hurt me?"

The men looked shocked and their mouths were left agape.

"We might be pirates but it doesn't mean we are going to hurt you" The one with the double dye said.

"Pirates!" you yelled, fear rushed through you, you tried to stand back up again in shock but you felt yourself fall back down, bracing yourself to feel your body collide with the hard ground, but you never hit it. Instead you felt arms wrap around you.

"woah steady there" Wooyoung had caught you and smiled "Listen, you're not well, trust us and come into the ship, we have an amazing medic onboard the treasure and he'll be able to help you, okay?"

"but- okay"

"do you think you can walk?" asked the double dyed haired man

"I think so" you replied

"I'm San by the way, and this is Wooyoung"

While you balanced off of Wooyoung, they carefully guided you to the ship, six curious faces looked up at you.

"who is she?" Ask a tall man, his hair was a cherry red and he looked slightly intimidating.

"She has amnesia, so we don't know, but she's sick and she needs our help." said San

"why didn't you tell me sooner?" said another tall man, but he had blonde hair and a kind smile.

do all pirate dye their hair?

"This is Yunho, he's our medic, go with him and he'll take care of you." fear shot through you again.

"How do i know i can trust you?" you looked into San's eyes.

"You just have to." Wooyoung replied. The boys walked you over to Yunho and he took you from Wooyoung's arm, he wrapped one of his own around you in order for you to balance.

"let's go get you fixed up." Yunho smiled.

Hi everyone!! i know i'm not good a writing but i've had this idea for awhile and NEEDED to write it down, i hope you enjoy the rest of the book!! I know this is a short chapter BUT next chapter will be extra long i promise!!