chapter two; scones and jam

The medical wing of the treasure smelt like copious amounts of herbs and spices, special bottled medicines made and bought by Yunho were littered around the room, shelves on shelves of old, worn out medical books were laid around the room, herbs dangled from the ceiling and three old medical beds where placed unevenly.

"It's very messy i know, i just haven't gotten around to tidying it all up" Yunho explained as he pressed a cold wet cloth against your forehead. "our chef is cooking you a meal to stop you from fainting again"

"thank you" was all you could get out.

"So your amnesia is stopping you from accessing your memories?" He asked

"It seems so, the only thing i remember is waking up on that island. I don't know my family or if i even have a family, I don't know my name, i don't know anything, it's so.." you trailed off

"It's so what?" asked Yunho with curious eyes

"lonely" you stated "lonely and frustrating, i don't know who i am" you finish.

"Well, our navigator is a really intelligent man, he said that once your feeling better he can help you revive your memories" Yunho placed one hand on your shoulder and smiled. He was kind, who knew pirates could be so kind.

"dinner is served!" yelled a kind voice, a slim, average height man with dark hair walked in the room holding a bowel of soup and bread.

"I'm Seonghwa, the chef on board the treasure." Seonghwa walked towards you and laid the tray of food on the bedside table, next to the bed you were sitting on. "how are you feeling?" he asked

"Better, Yunho is really amazing at what he does." you explained.

"That's good." Seonghwa sat next to you on the bed and placed the try on his lap, he lifted the spoon and took a heaping of soup and directed it toward your mouth. "here, eat this." he said kindly

"i- i can feed myself"

"I know, but you need to save your energy. Yunho said that it's most likely you've been unconscious on that island for a week. So let me feed you" he said

"okay.."

The soup tasted amazing, it was warm and full of flavour. Once you had finished, Seonghwa cleaned up the tray and stood up.

"I'll leave you with Yunho now, goodnight" He said, and with that, Seonghwa left the room. You looked up at Yunho who was studying a book of medicinal herbs.

"You should sleep, if you want to regain your energy. tomorrow i'll introduce you to the rest of the crew. they're an.. interesting bunch."

"Thank you Yunho."

"for what?" the boy asked

"For helping me"

"It's my job to help people." he smiled "now lie down, i'll turn off the light and leave you to rest, if you need me you can go out the door and turn right down the corridor, you'll find my room there, goodnight"

"goodnight"

As Yunho left the medical ward, he turned the gas lamps around the room off and left you with your thoughts. You reflected on what had happened today and reached to touch your collarbones, hands fiddling with the chain necklace draped on you neck.