chapter fifteen; island of mysteries

Rubbing the sleep from your eyes looking up at the morning sky. The wind smelt like a calming sea breeze and the view from the high platform was one that some could only dream of. Upon your shoulders was a warm jacket. Wooyoung's jacket. You must've fallen asleep in the crows nest. You looked around but Woo was already gone, he must be on deck. You took woo's jacket that was draping lightly on your shoulders and put it on. It was comfortable and smelt like the pirate who owned it. Gun powder, sea salt and a faint sent of wildflower. You smiled at the comforting memory of Wooyoung. Ensuring the jacket was on properly you began to sail back down from the crows nest to the deck. You began to walk along the deck toward the kitchen, looking out to the water a distant island began to appear through the light morning fog.

Lightly pushing the door open to the kitchen, San and Jongho sat there, calmly chatting away. The sound of the door made the two pirates turn their heads to face toward you. Giant smiles graced both of their faces as they greeted you.

"good morning beautiful." San's hair still looked messy from when he slept and his face was a slightly lighter shade then usual due to not having fully awoken yet.

"good morning Sannie." you smiled back. The boy stood up and gave you a warm hug. Jongho quickly followed and gave you a comforting hug after San.

"good morning Jongho." you smiled into the boys shoulder

"good morning Y/N." Jongho let go of you then furrowed his eyebrows in slight confusion.

"why are you wearing Wooyoung's jacket?" The youngest pirate asked in pure curiosity. San noticed the jacket on your shoulders and it seemed like almost a wave of sadness washed upon the boy's face.

"i was up in the crows nest last night with Woo and accidentally fell asleep, i guess he put it on me to keep me warm during the night." you smiled innocently.

Hongjoong walked into the kitchen with Yeosang and looked toward you.

"we are about to reach the island. Y/N, once we get to there, you, we will all go to the Fortune tellers hut. It might be dangerous so i want to finally give you this. i think you're ready." with that, Hongjoong handed you a belt, much like his own, upon it rested a pristine musket and cutlass.

"thank you" you smiled and embraced your captain in response. Hongjoong grabbed the belt and fastened it around you.

you walked out onto the deck and looked out at the island, growing closer minute after minute.

this was it.

you were finally going to find out about your past, your amnesia, the necklace, the visions. everything.

or at least you hoped.

as the treasure approached the abandoned shore, a dock came into view, it too, like the island, looked old and abandoned. the pillars were dark and stained from the salty water, green patches of mould and wood rot was trickled across in every corner. small crustaceans and spiders littered around, seeming to make this rundown platform their home.

as you came upon the dock, high on the mountain was a rundown cabin, one that looked empty and destroyed by weather over hundreds of years, the only sign of life where the stain clothes drying in an equally discoloured rope. the boys all gathered at the loading bay of the treasure and hopped out one by one.

once reaching the dock, Seongwha lifted you from the boat and planted you onto the ground with grace, he left his hands on your hips, looking into his eyes felt like the whole world shone brightly through him, it was comforting and felt secure, like nothing could hurt you.

breaking out of your trace you looked over at your captain awaiting orders.

"okay, we will all one by one hike up that small mountain, and remember, though the fortune teller may be able to answer our questions, she's not to be trusted, San, Mingi and Wooyoung, you three will be keeping guard and patrolling the perimeter just incase we're not alone." Hongjoong grumbled.

Woo young walked up to you and placed his face next to your ear. "are you ready my little pirate?" he asked

"as ready as i'll ever be"

hey everyone! i know it's a short chapter but i promise there is a longer one coming! it's been a hot minute! but i'm back !! maybe not for good but i definitely felt inspired again! i hope you enjoyed this chapter xx and i'm so great full for all the new readers x 🤍🤍