chapter seven; the pirate life

A few hours has passed and the ship was back on its way to the island Curacao, Hongjoong decided to steer while Mingi was getting his wounds attended to by Yunho. San had passed out after being fully stitched back up but he was stable. You were laying on the medical bed awaiting Yunho to help you. The other boys had come in to check on San and get their own wounds fixed.

"How are you feeling?" Mingi asked, sitting at the foot of your bed.

"I'm in pain but I'm alright." you smiled. "thank you for saving me."

"It's my job to take care of my fellow crew mates." he smiled back. Yunho walked over to the two of you with a handful of bandages and disinfectant.

"Mingi its your turn." said Yunho. Mingi nodded and lifted off his shirt, what caught your eye wasn't the wound on his left arm that Yunho was tending to, but it was healed red scars almost a meter in length each, covering his bare back, it seemed as though he didn't have any untouched skin on his back. You wondered how he got them and why. Once Mingi had been bandaged up, Yunho sent him to steer the ship so that Hongjoong could get his wounds cleaned. As the Captain entered the room you saw his shirt had been slashed open by a cutlass. Yunho motioned Hongjoong to a stool where his complied and sat down. Hongjoong took off his shirt, or what remained of it at least, while Yunho tended to the cut on his chest. Once again the gaping hole in Hongjoong's front wasn't what caught your eye, Hongjoong has matching back scars to Mingi. The same metre long scars covered his back.

"I can feel your eyes on my back Y/N." he caught you.

"sorry, I was just-"

"the scars?" he asked

"what?"

"are you staring at the scars?" he replied.

"yeah, I know I shouldn't but-"

"Y/N it's okay. They're from leather whips." he told

"how did you get them?" you asked.

"a beautiful gift from my father." he laughed sarcastically.

"all done captain." Yunho said as he finished bandaging Hongjoong up.

"thank you Yunho, Y/N I'll see you later, make sure you rest." Hongjoong stood up. You nodded and watched the captain walk out of the room.

"Your turn." Yunho smiled and sat next to you on the bed. "ill start with your ankle."

Yunho worked on your wounds for what seemed like hours, he put a splint on your ankle and bandaged your broken rib. He took care of the bumps and gashes on your head and also decided to changed the bandages around your neck and hands from this morning with the necklace. The medicine from earlier was working and you didn't feel as much pain anymore. Yunho and advised that you stay the night in the medical wing instead of your own room to avoid walking on the ankle as much as possible.

"all done." he smiled

"thank you Yunho." You giggled and ruffled his fluffy hair. You both sat there in silence for a few seconds until Yunho decided to speak.

"you've had a rough start to the pirate life." he smiled

"it seems that way." you replied

"you're dealing with it well though. today you were more calm than I was." he laughed

"I know right, it was the first time I've heard you swear." you teased

"I did not.." he gasped

"you did so." you bickered. For a few minutes the two of you laughed, you felt calm which is what you needed from this stressful day. Even though this 'pirate life' is life threatening, dangerous and seemingly stupid, you still had people who you could connect with, people who cared, people who made you happy. After the two of you had your moment, Yunho went outside to the kitchen to get dinner for both you and San because you couldn't leave. San was still asleep do you decided to attempt to hobble over to the chair next to his medical bed to keep him company when he wakes up. Yunho returned with two trays of soup and bread.