chapter twenty; the cloth

Y/N POV

twiddling around his dim lit kitchen, the elderly man who had retrieved you and Mingi watched as he make what looked like a dinner. however it was quite strange, humming to an unknown tune he stirred a pot containing a thick, grey coloured slop. Chucks in the mixture where clearly visible and you truly hoped it wasn't for consumption.

"Thank god i found you when i did, trudging around all underground doors trying to find the right one truly ragged my bones. I thought i may be too late that she would come back her raging highness. Pig of a woman i tell you."

The man rambled insanely but at least you and Mingi has escaped the prison.

"What are we doing here?" Mingi asked

"I saved you and the prophecy you daft boy." The elderly rolled his eyes as if this was common knowledge.

"What prophecy?" You asked

"You dear child!" he huffed "you are the prophecy, you'll save us all from her royal pigginess" he muttered and grabbed circular wooden bowls scooping the thick grey slop and placing the bowls in front of you and Mingi. "eat up! you'll need your strength. I have big plans for you!"

Making eye contact with Mingi he too seemed uneasy.

SEONGHWA'S POV

Since San and Wooyoung had returned to the ship three days ago, things had been uneasy on board the treasure. More uneasy than the day Mingi and Y/N had been taken. The moment San had found out their whereabouts he raced back to the ship from Akuma's port and screamed at Yeosang to find the coordinates to the Kingdom of Volé. Soon after a crow had landed next to San, the strange creature followed him, and so did what seemed to be a dark shadow. You couldn't see it but we could all feel it. He walked across the deck with his blood stained shoes and locked himself in his cabin, the crow had followed and it has ever since. The darkness that followed him was similar to when he would execute people and isolate himself, but so much worse.

Now the dark bird stood upon the pirates shoulder as the Treasure sped across the sea at a great pace. Looking around the boys had all changed but all shared one task, to find Mingi and Y/N. As of late Wooyoung stood in the crows nest, using his spyglass at every moment in hopes of spotting anything that may help us find them. Hongjoong stood at helm, eyes shallow and bags lay dark beneath them. Without Mingi here to swap with the poor captain in steering the ship, Hongjoong stay up long hours, not wanting to delay the time of finding our crew members. Yunho had become quiet, small sobs could be heard from the medical wing at times but no one would ever mention it. Jongho was kept working on the final touches of fixing the treasure. She was able to sail but small holes had to be filled and so did the gaps left in Jongho's weary heart and so he filled the two by working. Yeosang was always at work too, ensuring the quickest route to Volé, researching magic and all sorts. He was determined to reunite and fix this mess.

Ice speckled wind thrashed around the boat as the high sea collided against its side. Hongjoong ensured we travelled at top speed to get to Volé as soon as possible. That's when it rang. The ships warning bell.

Y/N POV

Mingi and you had escaped to a room in the dusty old house to 'freshen up' or more importantly figure out how to escape from the clinically insane man that has 'rescued' you.

Cleaning the wounds on your hands with a bowl of warm water and a cloth, Mingi walked around behind you and took the clasp of the shell necklace and slowly took it off your neck without a word. A silent sentiment leaving only the anchor necklace from Wooyoung. Mingi slowly took your shoulder and carefully turned you around to face him. The boy's kind face looked down at you, grabbing the cloth from your hands and soaking it into the warm water. He brought it to your neck and you returned a soft smile.

"I know i'm no medic like Yunho, or a comfort like Wooyoung, or a learner like Hongjoong..." he trailed off "but we're going to make it out of here, i promise."

A small tear from the corner of your eye. With a soft brush of his thumb Mingi cleared away the tear and rested his hand on your face. Pulling you into a hug. That's when you knew that he understood each other. In that moment you felt safe.

"now" you snuffled pulling out of the hug. Mingi's hand still resting on the low of your back. "how are we going to get out of here?"

WOOYOUNG'S POV

Looking through the lense of the spyglass held by the hand that had the matching anchor bracket laid upon it. you missed her.

a figure on the water began to materialise from the thick fog.

shit.

Rushing down to the deck from the crows nest i sounded the bell.

"What is is?" Hongjoong ran from the helm.

"It's the ship of the iron anchor. Their crew is heading toward us." You huffed

"Get Jongho to prepare the weapons... we're going to need them."

out flew the crow from San's cabin and so did the man who reflected the animal. marching over to the weapons and took them himself. pulling out two muskets, a cutlass, extra bullets  and a various collection of extra weaponry.

pulling the bronze spyglass from your tattered leather belt. looking through, the ship was coming closer every second. the adrenaline began to rush through as all the boys began to prepare for the fight. pulling to the side of the Treasure, the gangplanks of the Iron anchor's ship gripped onto the crook of the ship's side and the battle began.

The stench of gun powder soon assaulted the air as the bright scarlet of blood became a little too familiar to each of the crew members.

That's when the thick black cloud began to surround the two ships, the smell of gunpowder slowly began to meld into the stench of sulphur and a gut wrenching sent of decomposition.

turning to see the source of it all, San stood, hands splayed as the dark fog escaped from his hands, crows became to appear as they flew toward the rivals. Pecking at their eyes and ears the black cloud began to force their way into their mouths and into their lung appearing to be choking them. Soon enough each opposing pirate fell to the floor lifeless.

The fog dissipated and so did the crows. A sound thud came and San had collapsed falling onto the hardwood deck of the treasure.

AAAAA i'm so happy to have written another chapter! so sorry i've been so absent, i've been studying while also working 70+ hours a week. I hope you enjoyed this chapter x