12. curiosity and satisfaction

jocelyn's pov:

as we arrived at our destination i looked out the window and notice that we pulled up to a completely different building than the one i was now so familiar with.

no more warehouse and bloody couch? that has to be some kind of progress.

i rushed out of the car as soon as the building came in sight and opened the door for ash.

as i stood there, watching ash struggle to take mia into her hands, i felt a presence behind me and turned around, only to be met with asters chest.

whys he so close? and why did he just creep up on me like that?

he stood there, not moving a muscle. his glare menacing and intimidating, burning into my body, watching me shift from one leg to another from discomfort.

slowly, he pushes my hair behind my hair and leans in "we're at the office, so i'll warn you only once. do not interact with a single soul unless i'm around. got it?" he says into my ear, voice only a little louder than a whisper.

i nod, unable to produce words and quickly turn on my heel to help ash get mia out of the car. however, i'm cut off by aster who oh-so-generously decides to do that for me.

swiftly, he picks the unconscious girl up and shuts the door, all in one swift move as if she weighed nothing.

————

only a few hours after getting mia into the emergency room and finding someone to help and supervise her, aster and i left ash to look after her while aster had me go to his place.

so now, we were sitting in his car, on our way over to the base. "i still don't get it. what is it you need me for?" i asked for the fourth time this ride. surprisingly though, he isn't mad at me. only a little exhausted of saying the same thing again.

"why don't you wait and see? i told you, you'll find out in due time." he said, sighing and turning his head to look at me for only a second before paying his full attention to the road again.

oh angel does he angers me.

he's so hot, thou— no.

"why can't you just tell me?" i ask, a little louder this time. he raises his eyebrows before answering- "why do you ask so many questions? why so mouthy when you don't need to be?"

"because i can be, th-" i shoot back without hesitating, but am cut off as soon as i feel a hand on my thigh. i instantly shut up and suck in a harsh breath.

he looks at me from the corner of his eyes and a grin is plastered on his lips. motherfucker.

"oh, so now she's quiet. hm." he says, almost to himself. as if i can't hear him. as if i'm not here.

"shut up. i'm not quiet, i just- i just made my point and have nothing else to-" i am once again cut off as his hand grips my thigh harder and travels up, exploring my skin as if he's trying to memorize me. his hand lingers on certain parts, brushing his fingers along my thigh, feeling me as if he's never touched anything like it before.

"you sure?" he says, his smile evident in his voice.

it takes all there is in me to answer, simply yet effectively "i am." and as soon as i say it, his hand is off me.

i swear i heard a whimper inside my head. a part of me was glad and a part of me wanted his skin back on mine, he feeling of his hand caressing me still present on my leg.

"would you look at that. we're here." he says, stopping the car. as i get back into my senses, i look around. we are here. thank the angels he didn't kidnap me.