Chapter 16: He Remembers

---Jensen's POV---

As soon as I stepped out of my truck, Jared walked over to me. He looked worried, and I wasn't sure if he was worried about me or not. As he opened his mouth to speak, I just held up a hand to stop him and motioned for him to follow me to my trailer. We walked in silence, though my back was facing him I could feel his gaze trying to figure out how I was. As soon as I entered my trailer, I collapsed into the nearest chair with a sigh.

"So?" Jared prompted me to start speaking.

"She's sick. Like, legitimately very ill and wasn't trying to avoid me. I'm worried about how she's doing, and I have to film today to catch up on what she moved for me," I rambled, my speech slowly becoming more rapid as I began overthinking again. "I still need to post my statement of having not cheated on Danneel, and that she was trying to make the news of the divorce turn out to be in her favor. I also need to tell Y/N the full truth of it, and make things right from the other night. I'm not even certain what will happen after that, and-"

"Dude, calm down," Jared butted in. "You have a plan all worked out, and after filming is done today you can go and talk everything out with her. Remember your plan and how your biggest thing was you didn't want to rush everything. It's going to take time, and you said you were willing to take the time to fix everything. Just focus on getting through filming today, then move on from there."

I nodded, knowing that he was right. I needed to go one step at a time. I was in this for the long haul, and I needed to keep that in mind. Love was a marathon, not a sprint. I'd be an even bigger idiot if I messed this up once again. The thought of the little olive branch in my pocket gave me the shred of hope I needed.

"Even if this is all I can have, it will have been enough," I whispered to myself as I rested my hand over the key she had given me.

---Y/N's POV---

The volume of my phone ringing made the throbbing in my head worse. I reached for it with a groan and finally fumbled it into my grasp, almost falling off of my couch in the process.

"Hello," I croaked past the pain in my throat.

"Hi, may I speak to Ms. Y/L/N?" a woman's voice asked.

"This is she," I answered, thinking about all the times I'd heard my mother utter the same words, wishing for nothing more than the comfort she brought me when I was sick.

"Ms. Y/L/N, I was calling in regards to the prescription your doctor called in. I wanted to inform you that it is going to take longer to fulfill than we originally estimated. We will call you when it is ready sometime this evening."

"Okay," I croaked out once more before hanging up.

I buried myself further into the couch, and released a groan of frustration. I didn't know what I was going to do. I didn't have any medicine besides Advil, and there was no way I was leaving the house again anytime soon. Reaching for where I had dropped my phone, I opened Netflix and selected a random episode of Criminal Minds to play for some background noise as I tried to sleep. Somehow through all the coughing and pain in my throat, I manage to fall asleep.

---

I woke up just enough to shift how I was lying on the couch, and once I was settled into my new spot I heard a faint noise. I stayed still, trying to figure out what I heard. There was a light thump ever so often, and I heard something crinkling. With how clear the noises were, there was no way they weren't coming from my apartment. As panic seized me, the quiet thumps became slightly louder, and I felt a blanket being placed on top of me. There was silence for a moment, then the thumps went to a different part of my apartment.

Whoever was in my apartment didn't seem to want anything. As I continued to stay as still as possible, I wracked my brain for who it could be. I couldn't remember much of what happened after my doctor's appointment yesterday, my mind finding it all to be a hazy blur. Before I could work myself into too much of a panic, I heard the little thumps make their way back towards where I lay on the couch.

"Hey," a warm voice quietly spoke, "Y/N. You gotta get up."

"No, leave me alone," I groaned.

"C'mon sleepy-butt. I just need you to sit up for me," I felt a hand gently nudge my shoulder.

"Why? I wanna sleep."

"I know you do, but you need to take medicine. Just sit up for one minute and I'll let you go back to sleep."

"Fine," I pouted.

As I sat up, my eyes connected with Jensen's. He gave a small fake smile, but his eyes were filled with worry. He helped me get settled, and tucked the blanket around me again.

"Hi," I hoarsely got out.

"Hey," he smiled more genuinely, "how do you feel?"

"Like shit."

"I'm sorry," he chuckled. "But, I got your medicine."

"How? How'd you know?"

Passing me a glass of water and an orange bottle he started, "I came by after filming to check on you. When you didn't answer, I grabbed this," he pulled a key out of his pocket, "and came in to see how you were. When I walked in, you were asleep on the couch and your phone started to ring. The screen read Pharmacy, so I picked it up. They said your medicine was ready for pickup, so I went and got it and a few other things. I just got back a few minutes ago and was putting everything away as quietly as I could."

"Thank you," I yawned, "but you didn't have to do all that."

"I know I didn't have to, but I wanted to."

I shivered, and wasn't sure if it was from his words or from being cold. Jensen noticed my shiver, and wrapped the blanket that was around my shoulders tighter.

"How are you feeling now?" Jensen breathed out.

"Cozier, but definitely still sick. So you better keep your distance so I don't get you sick, too," I warned.

"I'll take my chances."

"But what about your filming? You're probably swamped by the scenes I moved so you could...y'know?" I didn't want to bring up his divorce again, and I still felt guilty for all the issues I caused.

"It'll be alright. I caught up on all my scenes today after picking you up. Plus filming is going a bit ahead of schedule, so it looks like we'll wrap this week up a little early."

I couldn't hold back my next yawn, "I'm not bored I promise. Just tired and sick of being sick."

"In that case here," Jensen carefully picked me up, making sure the blanket stayed in place. "Off to bed you go."

Jensen walked me into my room, and set me onto my unmade bed. He then walked over to my bathroom, turned the light on, and closed the door until just a small sliver of light was left. He then walked back over to where I was on the bed and flopped the comforter over my legs. He walked back towards the door and turned the light off, then the ceiling fan on.

"You remembered," I whispered to him in amazement.

With a soft smile, he whispered back, "How could I forget anything about you?"

My heart thudded harder in my chest and my head swam at the finality his confession held. Like it was the most simple fact of life. Like how the grass was green, or that humans needed air. Jensen remembered me. Not just that I existed, but the small things. That I needed a small amount of light to sleep, and a fan on.

With a look that held everything we were afraid to say, Jensen quietly exited my room and closed my door.

--AUTHOR'S NOTE--

Honestly, I'll update when I can. College is busy, I barely have time to sleep. I'm doing what I can to make this work.