Chapter 8: Ready to Go?

"Don't forget that Jensen and I are gonna pick you up for the marathon at eight," Jared reminded me as we walked to our cars.

"That's right, I knew I was forgetting something," I yawned. "I need to send Jensen my address. Could you ask him to text me since I don't have him as a contact?"

"No problem, Y/N. We'll see you later."

I waved goodbye as I began the drive home.

---

Glancing at the clock I saw I still had fifteen minutes before Jared and Jensen would get here. Not quite ready due to an unintended nap, I was rushing around my apartment. I grabbed a sweatshirt and pulled it over my head. Just as I grabbed my shoes I heard a knock at my door.

"I'm coming," I shouted towards the door. "Just give me a moment!"

Opening the door, I saw Jared and Jensen. Something was off though, as if they had just finished arguing. Trying to gauge the situation, I stepped aside motioning for them to step in.

"Sorry, I just need a few more minutes. Make yourselves at home," I said walking to the couch.

"Nice place. Very welcoming," Jared says.

"Thanks. It still feels kind of weird to me."

"Weird or new?" Jensen asks, looking around the living room.

"Both," I pause. "Having some stuff from Texas helps. The fond memories help make it feel like home." I look at Jensen, "I'm just glad that the good there is here, too."

I walk to my room to grab my backpack. Before I get back I hear Jared and Jensen quietly talking.

"I don't know what to do," Jensen rushes.

"She's not mad at you. At least not anymore if she ever was," Jared reassures.

"After everything, I don't know. I'm not even entirely sure what happened to be honest. I'm glad she's here, but what if she isn't? She could just be here because she signed for a season."

"Jay, calm down. If she didn't want to be here then she would've left. And if she couldn't leave because of the contract, then she wouldn't have agreed to hang out. I really do think you two should talk though, figure things out. See what happens."

Suddenly feeling intrusive, I walk out of the hallway.

"I meant to ask, am I supposed to bring one or two clothes changes? I know you said it'd be a marathon, but I don't know," I ask, trying to disperse the tension.

"I say bring whatever. We can just all go to work together on Monday," Jared suggests.

"But, only if you're okay crashing at my place for the weekend," Jensen assures. "You're welcome to."

"Yeah, that's fine. Just let me grab some extra clothes, then we can go," I say walking back out.

---Jensen's POV---

"See, man, if she had an issue with you she wouldn't be okay crashing or hanging out," Jared boasted.

"Still, it's just– I don't know where we stand with each other," I worried. "Y/N seems okay, but–"

"But you need to talk to her. Not about everything, but at least some of it. We can order Chinese or something, and I can offer to go get it. While I'm gone, start to work things out. Talk."

Knowing he had a point, I gave up arguing. I looked around the living room. She had a few pictures about the room. Walking over to the frames I saw her parent's wedding picture, a graduation photo, and a map of Austin. Just seeing home made my chest ache. After everything, I wasn't sure if I could ever go back there.

"Ready to go?" Jared asked Y/N.

She looked at me as if asking if I was ready to leave. I gave her a slight smile, hoping to reassure any kind of worry she may be having.

"I think so," she turned to Jared. "After you, I got to lock it."

Holding the door open, Jared and I walked out. I couldn't help but notice Y/N double checking the locks. Still worried about someone being where they shouldn't, I thought fondly. At least some things haven't changed, I reassure myself.

"Cliff is driving us there, by the way," I told Y/N.

She just nodded, looking lost in her thoughts.

---

Author's note

First, sorry the upload is two days late. I was really debating if I should do the point of view swap or not. So please let me know if you're okay with it, because I have some ideas involving it, but want the reading experience to flow well. I really am leaning to the occasional POV swap, so it won't be an all the time thing, so it's more of a change of pace if you will. Thanks for understanding!

I know it's a short update, but that's because I'm testing the POV change. It's also kind of a mild filler/ plot patch for the future.