Day 45 (pt.2): Well, There's only one Way to Find Out

When did everything fall down into madness? When did everything start to fall apart under the pressure? No matter how hard I tried to ponder on those questions, nothing seemed to click, my brain unable to manage both that and the sight in front of me. Everything was in shamble and the order I tried to preserve was no longer something that mattered in everyone's mind.

The agents, the clerks, all of them were running in a panic to avoid meeting their demise, the survivors forced to see the unlucky ones get taken away.

Seeing this, I couldn't do anything to stop it, not like I could have considering that the persisting danger was way beyond our control.

This is a true sight of Hell.

...

...

Y/N: Everyone, please make sure to remain as calm as possible, the situation will not improve otherwise!

I think I may have uttered those words beyond the 10th time but can you blame me for repeating these same words over and over again? In a place where everything was under the control of a single man making the decisions, it was the only thing I could do to appease the scared employees under my watch. Yet no matter how many times I did say them, the peace was only temporary, shattered by a sudden problem that everyone would have to rush to solve.

...And as much as I would like to not be affected by the current situation in order to calm both of the agents and office workers, that demand was beyond me. I am human after all, not a machine, being unaffected by such a sight and pressure would be akin to inhuman behaviour.

BongBong: ..?

Well, I suppose she is a perfect example of said inhuman behaviour. Calmly watching the chaos unfolding before her eyes, she hid her mouth behind one of her hands and yawned, completely unfazed by what was going on.

Sometimes I wish I could have at least half of her attitude when facing stressful situations. All I can see of myself right now is a nervous wreck praying that nobody has to die in order to complete this ordeal, my own sanity holding by a thread at this point. I am providing the best support that I can, I have to as the captain or else who knows what could happen but when everyone relies on me, who can I rely on to calm my fears and internal struggles?

...Why was I chosen as the captain? I don't have any qualifications as a leader, my emotions getting the best of me in times of need while someone more competent was calmly standing by my side.

"Mister Y/N, -'s containment room is having malfunctions, what should we do?", "Mister Y/N, Queen of Hatred is throwing a fit, we need someone sent there quickly!", "Mister Y/N-", the mere mention of the same 2 words looped at the start of each sentences given to me was like listening to a recorder, it was becoming mere noises in my ears.

Marisa: Hey captain, Nothing There is getting agitated!

Y/N: Huh? Oh... Uh... I'll go deal with it, please keep an eye on the employees.

Tossing my clipboard to the girl with blond hair, I ran deeper into the department in a daze, my head starting to hurt after I demanded so much from it in a short amount of time and it was starting to show up in my speech, I was having a hard time formulating quick thoughts unlike at the start of the day.

Calm down Y/N, it's just the stress getting to you.

Entering the containment room, my eyes squinted at the abomination standing on the opposite side of the room, its breathing echoing around me like it was right behind my head. The colors of the worlds now faded, I was having a hard time recognizing what color each body part was supposed to have but I should be happy about that, seeing less details about this thing means a better state of mind honestly.