Day 28: Fear & Depression

-However, if enough sarira to make everyone watch in awe come out of you, your name will be sung through generations.

I jumped out of the bed and looked around us, trying to see something in particular. Hava gave me a confused look and then asked me a single question.

Hava: What are you trying to look for?

She already knew somehow that I was searching the room for something. I glanced in her direction and answered her after taking a breath of fresh air, especially after inhaling the repressed air under the blankets of the bed.

Y/N: Where's Alter Ego? I was expecting her to wait for me here...

Hava's usual smile vanished and she narrowed her eyes, an uneasy expression on her face. She didn't answer my question, avoiding to look at me until I grabbed her shoulders and forced her to do so.

Y/N: What happened to her?

Hava: ...

She remained silent and saw her eyes projecting a stare of sadness, no tears but it wasn't needed, I could feel it.

Y/N: Don't tell me...

Hava: Her mental corruption surpassed any level that we've seen so far, over 346%, turning her into a threat to everyone around her.

Y/N: Where is she?

Hava: ...

Y/N: Where is she?!

I shook her around and she got surprised by my sudden outburst, needing a few seconds to recover from this experience.

Hava: I don't know but she was taken away by Angela and... you know Angela, I wouldn't be surprised if she executed her.

Y/N: ...

I felt the energy in my face slowly vanishing and I blankly stared at the wall behind Hava, feeling my whole being suddenly collapsing. Even worse, I felt a tingling sensation around my neck, like a rope circling it and strangling me.

Y/N: It can't be true, it has to be a joke!

Hava: Do I look like the type of person to do jokes?

She said with a frown, giving me a serious stare, proving me that she wasn't. I sat back on the bed and placed my hands against my forehead.

Y/N: ...

Hava: Our shift should start soon so we should go before Angela decides to drag you back to your spot.

Y/N: ...

Feeling a lack of something, I stood on my feet and left the room. I was supported by Hava but I ignored her words, worthless in my mind right now due to the possibly of never seeing Alter Ego again.

Meanwhile...

???: During the brightest time of the corporation, many things blossomed, many failures along with many successes. These new discoveries were not always aimed towards the abnormalities and some were aimed at ourselves.

The person speaking took a deep breath and continued, not bothered by the fact that the one talking was also the only listener.

???: However, some things remained set in stone, even after all those retries, all those failed attempts to create the light of this world.

The figure turned around.

???: Don't you think so Y/N? This parasite never left you, even after all this time.