A child is more open to things than an adult

"I want ice cream"  Lisa was full of energy by the time we got to the hotel.  The hotel we were staying at had an ice cream parlor right across the street. 

"How do you ask mommy for ice cream?"  I asked her playfully.  She looked at me like she just lost her dog.  And then asked me again.

"Can I have some ice cream mommy?  Please?" She drug out the E in please. 

"Yes, we can get some after we check in." 

"Yay!"  She was excited.  We got to our room and it had a beautiful view of the mountains.  We stayed at the Hilton.  The hotel had an indoor pool.  Lisa saw the sign on the way to go get ice cream.  She gasped really loud then looked at me with a huge smile "Swimming!" 

"We didn't bring bathing suits though."  She got discouraged.  Why not have some mother daughter time?  "So I guess were going to have to go buy some."

"Yay!  Shopping!"  We found ourselves in a mall after we got our ice cream.  We passed a store that was full of cute clothes.  They had a toddlers section that had tons of cute little outfits.  Lisa picked up a dress that was pink with a bow on the top part.  It was sparkly and short.  It came with little frilled short shorts for underneath.  "Can I have it?"  

"Yes, put it in the cart."  She jumped up and down and put her dress in.  We made our way to the bathing suit section next.  she found a pink sparkly one piece with a mini sweetheart neckline.  It had  pin stripped frills on the top and all over.   She looked so cute.  I got a matching Bikini that had almost the same pattern.  As we were shopping I got a call from Derek.

"Hello?"

"Hey, um we have a problem."  He sounded worried

"What happened?"

"Nick is gone. And there's a note."  My heart dropped and I was scared.

"What does the note say?"

"It says 'You should have killed me when you had the chance'".  He could still be in the house.

"Is he there?"   I heard a loud bang in the background.

"Derek!  are you okay?"  I was trying to stay calm.  I didn't want to freak Lisa out.

"Yeah.  I'm fine.  One of your vases fell...  Don't come home until I say its okay.  Stay at Bellas!"

"I'm not at Bellas?"   What was he talking about?

"Yes, just stay there." 

"Okay, bye.  I love you."

"Love you too."  This was bad/