10

I just want to apologize for not updating on Thursday / Friday!

My professors are piling up last minute essays and projects that I'm focusing on so please do excuse me for the next three weeks or so. That being said, the book might be on a short hiatus for a bit or have a slower updating schedule until my semester ends.

Also, I woke up today and found out that SUBMIT is currently #1 for jujutsukaisen, and I want to express my gratitude and heartfelt thank you for taking the time to read this story!

I was a bit shocked to see it at first since it didn't gain a lot of attention in the beginning, but I'm happy new readers will get to read about Menreiki's journey! :) 

Thank you, everyone, for continuing to support this story! I cherish you all ❤️

『 How long will it take you to realize that you are weak? 』

The brilliant lights of Shibuya captivated her as she floated behind Geto. Her arms were laying over his shoulders in a relaxed manner, wrapping around him in a loose back hug. The masks, still split in half, rotated around them silently as he moved through the crowd of humans.

He would tsk every so often when he bumped into someone, but continued walking ahead to his destination. Menreiki pulled herself closer to him, resting her chin on top of his head as her eyes dragged from side to side to catch everything that the city had to showcase to her.

She hummed, the action causing him to feel the vibrations against his back, "It is bright. What do they use to keep the city awake?"

"Something called lightbulbs," He replied lowly to keep the attention off of himself. "It's a little complicated to explain in a short amount of time, so forgive me, Menreiki."

She wasn't even paying attention to what he had to say, already craning her neck upwards in an attempt to see the top of the towering buildings.

Geto directed the two into an alleyway, the action causing her to release him from her embrace. Her hands grasped onto his shoulders, gripping onto his clothes to pull him up to the roof of the building that he wanted.

As she gently placed him down, she floated beside him, in a loose fetal position with her arms crossed over her chest. Geto let out a heavy sigh of relief and delight as he overlooked Shibuya, "Isn't this a pretty sight to see, Menreiki?"

"Yes," She responded quietly, overlooking the humans that wandered on the streets and the shimmering lights in front of her. They looked like glowing fireflies from far away, but even closer, it was just as pretty. "A city that never goes to sleep. I would like to explore it after everything has concluded."

"You can do it in a few hours. Everyone is setting up for the barriers and we'll activate it soon. Uraume can take you around."

Menreiki turned to Geto, "Are you sure you do not need Menreiki's strength? Why is Menreiki not participating?"

"Jogo has a personal grudge against Gojo, Hanami will go where Jogo goes, and Choso's skill is best suited for the plan we have," Geto explained to her.

Menreiki said nothing at his words, possibly pondering over it.

As far as Geto knew about Menreiki and her skills that she had yet to explain, it wouldn't be beneficial to either side of the fight. All he knew was that Menreiki could make someone weak, and whether she did it by taking one's cursed energy or simply their strength was something that Geto couldn't truly understand yet.