17

"Where is Menreiki?" Geto asked the one beside him, looking at them with a scrutinizing gaze as they remained unmoving from where they stood. They were like a stone statue, resilient to his leer and unmoving as they stared off into the distance as if that would make Menreiki appear before them.

        But like a statue, eventually, they will crumble.

        "I'm not sure. I thought she was with you."

        "She was. But then she left after eating a few slices of the watermelon she had."

        Geto recalled her leaving him with the watermelon to take care of in order to take a stroll. But, it had been her third time walking around Shibuya, if he remembered correctly.

        She was, as he had grown used to, very odd and unreadable. It was as if her mind was empty half the time as he could never find a single hint of interest within her unless she presented it to him. He just couldn't find what was so interesting or breathtakingly entrancing about the city. As far as he knew, the city was actually in shambles with fire erupting everywhere, transfigured humans mutilating humans, and buildings being destroyed like dust.

        "You didn't run into her at all, Uraume?"

        The ever so stoic attendant put them into a prolonged silence, causing him to raise an eyebrow. They were usually someone who would give an answer, whether it be with certainty or not, if only to respond to the person they spoke to. Uraume merely glanced at him from the corner of their eye, shaking their head, "I haven't. The last I saw of her was when she was returning to you. With the watermelon."

        "And what about Mahito?"

        "I believe he's still fighting."

        Geto heaved a sigh to escape past his lips, rubbing the back of his neck as it ached, "Yeah, I figured."

        "I'll be going now," Uraume announced, not waiting for Geto to reply because they both knew well enough that he didn't care. Neither of them got into each other's ways, but if their interests ever intersected, they weren't afraid to come together to get what they wanted. Right now, both of their minds reside on one being, one spirit, that they've always kept a close eye on, which was why Geto stopped Uraume.

        He narrowed his eyes as that fake grin played on his face, "Bring her back. Wouldn't want the sorcerers to exorcise her."

        "I agree," Uraume curtly replied before sending a just as equally ingenuine smile. As soon as they turned around, both of the curse users wiped their faces clean of their pleasantries.

        Geto thought it was annoying to keep track of Menreiki and constantly wonder where she wandered off to.

        However, he did have to admit that it was also his fault for telling her to go wild and do whatever she wanted.

        Initially, he wanted her away from Gojo Satoru just in case he sensed her dense curse energy, but it served to be no problem when they watched the others fight the sorcerer.

        He thought that his leash for Menreiki, Uraume, would be efficient in keeping an eye on her throughout the whole ordeal. He believed that Menreiki was attached to the hip to the ice wielding sorcerer, and that she would always be found by their side, but it seemed that he was proven wrong. It would be incredibly bad for him if Menreiki found little value in her and Uraume's relationship, and for once, he was putting some faith in the other curse user.