23

Nanami and Menreiki had stayed at Kuono's house for a few days after her ultimate decision to take back her late servant's story. It resides inside the Jujutsu School based in Tokyo with little security from what the sorcerer remembered, although he wasn't sure if anyone had ever visited the library where it laid since he had last been there. He could only hope that no one thought it a good idea to mess around with it in the timespan he had been to the school.

Despite Menreiki's desire to take the piece of literature back, she had yet to make a plan for them to follow along. In fact, when he asked what she was going to do, she tilted her head, a curled index finger coming to rest on her chin, "We just go in and take it."

Nanami had looked at her with his lips slightly parted, and a breath that he wanted to use to retaliate, exit him with exasperation. The sorcerer had little to retaliate with her, but he had presented a situation where she could be in danger after infiltrating a sorcerer base. She only tapped a finger on her head, "I would not know. But Nanamin is there to help Menreiki, is he not?"

Yes, he was.

But he would rather not get caught in a battle between her and other sorcerers if he had the choice.

"We have a few more days, Nanamin," Menreiki soothed him as she swooped down and captured his hands, tugging him up from where he sat and pulling him close. She rested one hand on his shoulder as the other held his hand tightly. She swung him about, giggling, "Please dance with me until then!"

During their time with Kuono, the young man had been teaching her more about modern culture. When Nanami meant "modern", he meant anything after she was sealed away which left Kuono educating her on everything he had known. Occasionally, Nanami would be there to listen to these lessons, usually raising an eyebrow when they quickly switched from one topic to the next. For example, coming from physical touch, whether they be platonic or romantic, to waltzing.

Kuono had asked Menreiki if she liked to dance, and she had confessed that she had little to no experience at all.

"Ah, then I'll teach you!" Kuono then pulled Nanami up to his feet, causing the sorcerer to grunt at his unexpected level of strength. The young man guided Nanami to stand in front of Menreiki who smiled at him, "Hello, Nanamin."

"Hi, Menreiki."

Kuono clasped his hands on top of Nanami's shoulder, lightly pushing him forward, "He'll be your partner as I demonstrate. That'll be okay, right?"

Nanami wanted to refuse the idea, but then he looked at the two and was greeted by two sights. Kuono had a pleading look on his face, eyes wide and an exaggerated pout with puffed out cheeks. Menreiki merely looked curious as she lightly lowered herself on the ground, a slight shine in her eyes as she looked at him expectantly. The sorcerer could only sigh at them, holding his hands out, "I'm not the best either."

Kuono cheered, although it was quickly dispersed with a heavy cough being released from his body. Menreiki patted his back to help as Nanami grabbed his handkerchief, passing it along to him as he regained his composure.

They had never asked about Kuono's illness nor did he speak about it. Although Nanami knew there was something nagging him to make him speak about it because his concern was mirrored in Menreiki's face. The spirit was usually forthright in what she wanted to say, but it seemed that his connection with someone she cared about made her more conscious of herself.

"I-I'm okay!" Kuono cleared his throat after noticing how close they stood to him, waving a hand frantically around. "Anyway, Menreiki, you'll have to touch Nanami. So don't be repulsed."