28

I haven't been into JJK for awhile so it's a bit hard for me to continue writing. But thank you to those who are still reading the story and supporting it! I really appreciate it!

        A reunion between two legendary figures was already shell-shocking enough, but to witness a cursed spirit and her supposed romantic other's incarnation stand before each other was something different. Nanami merely sipped the lukewarm tea Master Tengen had graciously offered from where he stood behind Menreiki, eyebrows raised as he drank the refreshing beverage whilst making eye contact with the gaping group before them.

The special grace sorcerer, Yuki, stared at Tengen, Tengen looked at Menreiki, Menreiki glanced at Choso, Choso was gawking at his pronounced brother Yūji, Yūji gasped at the sight of Nanami, Nanami was surprised to see Yūta again, Yūta was curiously looking over at Maki who was intrigued with the sight of a normal looking Kuono, and Kuono was raising an eyebrow at Megumi who seemed like he had somewhere to be at the moment.

Honestly, they all had somewhere to be other than spending time with the reverend Tengen, but unfortunately, he was the beholder of a solution for all of their problems.

"N-Nanamin! You're alive!" Yūji was the first to speak at the sight of the blond sorcerer casually sipping tea with his left leg crossed over his right knee. There didn't appear to be any more of those mortal wounds that he used to have; in fact, it appeared that Nanami had never been involved in Shibuya at all. Nanami hummed as he nodded his head in greeting, lowering his tea cup near his lap, "I am. It's good to see you again, Itadori. I'm glad you're safe."

Yūji looked like he was going to collapse on his knees or cry into the palm of his hands; actually, it looked like he was going to do both if it wasn't for Megumi nudging him and uttering something under his breath that made him stand taunt again. Even as he stood with a straight and perfect posture, it didn't mean that Nanami didn't catch the glistening of tears that were starting to formulate in his eyes.

The blond sorcerer felt a pit in his stomach at the sight. He had known that his disappearance might have made him anxious, and even moreso when Menreiki was nowhere to be found. If he had more strength during that moment — if he was actually conscious — before Menreiki fled Shibuya, Nanami would've reassured the young sorcerer that everything would've been alright.

Yuki glanced over at Nanami before staring at Menreiki who had curled herself up into her comfort ball. Tengen waved a nonchalant hand around, "Don't mind her. She's harmless here."

As if to show her innocence, Menreiki held up both of her hands in front of her and waved it as if she was greeting them. Unfortunately for her, the dead look on her face and the even emptier well that she called pupils weren't helping her case at all. In fact, Nanami was certain that they all took a step back in an eerily synchronized way. The blond sorcerer looked away as he once more took a sip of his tepid tea, opting to ignore the arms that curled over his shoulders and the chin that laid on top of his skull.

"Why did you close off The Tomb of the Star corridor?" Yuki asked after taking another cautious glance towards the cursed spirit.

"I was afraid you might be in alignment with Kenjaku," Tegen kept a neutral tone with her, although it wasn't as if his current appearance allowed him to make a different facial expression that contrasted against it. "After all, I cannot see into the human heart."

There's a cursed spirit right next to you. Does that mean you can read hers? Are there good intentions coming from the most notorious curse to live? Don't make me laugh, Yuki thought with an unmoving look on her face. Her eyebrows were scrunching together in thought, questioning the current situation between the few inhabitants that had arrived inside the strange white place before them. Begrudgingly, the special grade sorcerer would have to push aside the fact that Menreiki stood before her; there were more important things to worry about for the sake of humanity.