Prologue

My golden eyes never left her as she maneuvered her way through the crowded club

My golden eyes never left her as she maneuvered her way through the crowded club. Unbeknownst to her, she had became my newest interest. Ever since I came across her a few weeks ago I found myself seeking her out. I couldn't understand why. I developed the want, no scratch that, the need to be near her. It could be compared to an addict craving their next high, or a moth yearning to feel the warmth of a flame. I couldn't fathom why I became infatuated, so curious about her. Why her out of all the other women. Perhaps it was the sense of innocence she exudes, or her sultry deep brown eyes. I needed to find out the reason why before it drives me into my insanity.

Tilting my head to the side I watched her walk into the hallway that led to other parts of the extravagant nightclub. Making haste with my movements I quickly zipped through the club goers, so fast that I would be undetected to the regular human eye. Appearing right behind her I became hypnotized by the rhythmically beating of her heart. The sounds of the blood pumping from her heart to her veins caused me to become mesmerized. The melodic sounds was sure to become my lullaby to sleep tonight.

Peering over my shoulder I noticed that people were to occupied with their own dealings that no one noticed us standing in this hallway. Before she could slip further from my grasp I grabbed her arm pulling her to me. A gasp escaped her lips as I pinned her between myself and the wall. Her eyes slowly looked up at me. Every emotion she felt showed through them, they radiated from her body. Fear, confusion, arousal. The rapid beating of her heart echoed in my ears loudly, my mouth watered as I inhaled her sweet scent. It was a vanilla and lavender smell, a scent that would be imprinted in my mind.

"Wh-what, who are you ?" she trembled as she stumbled over her words

"Don't worry about it. I just need to taste you" I whispered

"I-I have to go" She stammered pointing towards the dance floor

Ignoring her words my eyes locked with her neck. The sight of her pulse thumping against her flesh drove me wild. Inching my mouth closer to her neck I delivered a slow neck along the curve of her neck. Her body shuddered against mine which caused a devilish grin to etch along my lips.

"It'll just hurt for a second" I mumbled against her skin

"Huh, no..no" she pleaded

Extracting my fangs I penetrated her sweet flesh. Her screams filled the hall but was only drowned out from the loud music playing. As her warm, delectable blood washed over my tastebud my painful bite gradually provided her with an orgasmic feeling. Her dainty hands gripped onto my jacket tightly as her body relaxed in my arms. As intoxicating as her blood was I didn't want to drain her, I had to control myself. The fear of taking her out of this life cycle was something I couldn't bear to do. Retracting my fangs I licked over them savoring the taste of her candied blood. My oral muscle trailed over the indent of my bite, my saliva healing the wound moments later.

Stepping away from her I drunk in the sight of her. Her hair had became disheveled, her chest heaved up and down sporadically as she attempted to gain her composure. Lifting her head her brown eyes met my golden ones. Her plump lips quivered as she tried to speak but her words never left them. Allowing myself to take one final look at her beauty. Slipping away into the crowded club I disappeared without a trace.