Chapter III - Date With A Vamp

"Hold up, so you're telling me King actually asked you to go on a date with him ?" Kaliyah asked almost in disbelief

"Yeah. He asked me when we were on the balcony. We've been texting about it most of last night" I said with a chuckle

"Mhm, so that why we're over here. To help you pick out an outfit ?" Xuriella questioned bringing her glass of wine up to her lips

"Is that a problem ? I mean you're a makeup artist and Kaliyah is a stylist so why not help your best friend" I replied giving them a smile while fluttering my lashes

They both kissed their teeth causing me to laugh. Standing to my feet I walked into my walk-in closet. Looking around at the various items of clothing I tapped my freshly done acrylic nail against my chin as I thought about what to wear. Kaliyah had walked inside the closet and stood beside me. Peeking to see if Xuriella followed behind her but she didn't. I'm aware Xuriella knew about King being a vampire. But I wanted to ask Kaliyah this question on my own. I knew if Xuriella heard the answer she might tell me I was out of my fucking mind. In which I believed I was.

"Kali can I ask you something about King ?" I asked stepping closer to one of my clothing racks

"What's up ?" She asked removing some clothing from the rack behind me "Are you doing chill or are you trying to have him drolling ?"

"A little of both I guess. I was just going to wear jeans and a cute shirt" I shrugged laughing already knowing Kaliyah had rolled her eyes at my outfit choice "But do all vampires have different color eyes or the same ? I know yours are purple because the type of vampire you are"

Kaliyah had stopped moving around my closet to place her gaze on me. Resting the various clothing options on the ottoman that was in the center of my closet, she walked over to me. The expression on her face showed that the question I asked was a serious one.

"They're not the same. There are four colors you should remember; black, red, gold and purple. Black eyes are the demonic vampires. There aren't too many in this area so you don't have anything to worry about. Red is your standard vampire eyes, purple is the mystical vampires" She said pausing for a moment "Gold eyes, that's something you should ask King about. But he and his friends have golden eyes but there are a few others out there that do but its a small amount"

Taking in her words I thought about last night. I guess it's good to know that those gold eyes I saw when King touched me may not belong to him. But in the same sense do I have to worry about some random ass vampire with golden eyes attacking me at any given time ? Running my fingers through my hair, I let out a sigh. Learning more about vampires was definitely becoming stressful.

"You don't have anything to worry about with King. I wouldn't vouch for him if I felt that he would be a danger to your safety" Kaliyah said rubbing my arm

"I know and thank you. I just was curious about the eye colors that's all" I said with a small smile

"You bitches need to hurry up. Nyx you have an hour before he gets here and I still need to do your makeup" Xuriella fussed "I'll have you going out there with a half beat face if you don't bring your ass"

"You need to relax, picking an outfit takes time" Kaliyah retorts picking up the clothes she picked out for me

Thankfully I had already taken my shower before the girls arrived. It wasn't going to take too long get my makeup done and slip into an outfit. Although I wore makeup it was typically light and natural, as if I barely had any on. Taking a seat at my vanity I closed my eyes as Xuriella began to work her magic. I was pretty excited for this date surprisingly, it was my first time going on a date with a vampire but also because King was taking me to a Broadway show called Paradise Square.