Prologue

YN was tapping her foot to the beat of her music that was pulsing from her earphones. She was aimlessly looking through a magazine whilst sipping at her coffee distractedly. The streets of New York were warm and YN was dressed casually, sunglasses adorning her face as she sat outside of a coffee shop in the sun.

"Excuse me, miss?" YN looked up at the man in front of her, his physique and posture looking very military as his shadow hovered in front of her, blocking the sunlight.

"Can I help you?" She asked as she got to her feet, suddenly feeling on edge.

"Are you YN Gray?" YN sat her coffee down, taking off her glasses and looking left and right for any other hostiles.

"I don't go by that name anymore." YN muttered, looking the taller man up and down. "I won't repeat myself again, what do you want?" She added, stepping back as the man stepped forward.

"My name is Agent Barton with S.H.I.E.L.D, I have been directed to take you in urgently." The agent nodded toward an armed vehicle waiting nearby, the large truck quickly picking up civilian attention.

"By who's order?" YN asked, cocking her head. The agent huffed out a breath.

"Director Fury." Agent Barton said, face not moving beneath his sunglasses. YN ran her tongue along her teeth, shaking her head.

"If Director Fury needs my assistance, he can contact me himself." The hair along YN's neck was standing up, alarm coursing through her body.

"I was hoping you'd come easily." He murmured, stepping forward another step and grabbing her arm. YN glared at the agent, clenching her teeth. "Make a scene and this whole shop goes up in flames." YN nodded reluctantly, following the agent away from the shop. Just as she neared the truck, a sharp pinch was felt at the base of her neck, making her lift her hand up and yelp. Feeling a dart there, she tore it out and glared at the agent. "Soon, you'll be filled with knowledge." He whispered as YN's eyes rolled into the back of her head and she fell forward into his awaiting arms.

YN struggled to reopen her eyes a few hours later to darkness, pulling at her arms that were tied behind her. Groaning, she rolled her neck, moving her face around to feel the cloth that was tied there. Listening around the room, YN couldn't hear anything besides her own breathing. She pulled harder at the tethers around her wrists, grunting as she tried to break them.

"I wouldn't bother, darling. They're Asguardian." YN jumped, her head shooting up to the voice in front of her, which was definitely not there a few seconds prior. "Now, Agent Barton tells me that you have a particular set of skills that can help me activate the Tesseract. As well as some fascinating  power in those eyes of yours. I hope you don't mind that I've covered them, wouldn't want you trying to escape." YN frowned, shaking her head.

"The Tesseract is a myth." YN whispered, not bothering to respond to the end of his statement,.

"Wrong." The man sneered, his presence being felt by YN's left side. "The Tesseract is going to help me bring forth my army. In turn, I am going to rule this poor excuse of a planet." YN bit back a laugh.

"Excuse me? I'm sorry, is this some sort of joke?" YN asked, pulling at her wrists again. "The Tesseract, if it is even real, was dropped to the bottom of the ocean when Captain America-" YN stopped, mouth popping open.

"There we go." The deep voice commented. "Finally putting the pieces together."

"Even still." YN finally uttered, shaking her head. "I'm not going to help you use it."

"Ah." The man chuckled, moving closer to an unaware YN and lowering his scepter to her chest, within inches of touching it. "I don't really think you have a choice in the matter."  

*Welcome to the prologue! The chapters will be longer, but this needed to end here to give it the suspense we need eheheheh 

If you have come from King of Hearts, welcome. If you have come from Agent 007, welcome also. 

Vote and Comment my friends, it's very much appreciated xox